One of the most important stages in auto parts delivery driver job hunt is resume building. You might not have too much trouble identifying the perfect company and position, but they won’t be of much use if your resume does not stand out.
Fierce competition has increased the need for writing outstanding resumes. Conventional ones do nothing for a prospective employer.
Regardless of the type of organization that you are applying to, your resume needs to shine.
Online and electronic resumes may be the rage nowadays, but nothing can beat the “handsomeness” of a paper resume. Attractive formatting, appealing typefaces, and bold-faced headings are the embellishments that employers just love.
Refer to the following resume sample for an auto parts delivery driver position to get assistance in resume writing.
Auto Parts Delivery Driver Resume Sample
667 Harrison Avenue, Glenside, PA 19023
jason.pery @ email . com
Auto Parts Delivery Driver
Highly-motivated delivery driver with exceptional knowhow of conducting delivery runs for auto parts between company and customers. Proficient in pulling orders and handling inventory of parts, along with deep knowledge of providing outstanding customer services.
• Well-versed in coordinating pick-up and delivery duties by keeping all department members in the loop
• Documented success in processing parts inventory and coordinating with vendors to ensure a constant supply
• Adept at handling vehicle maintenance on a regular basis and managing repair work
• Familiar with safety and security codes pertinent to driving delivery vehicles and carrying auto parts
CORE SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
Route charting | Preventative maintenance
Invoicing | Order pulling
Customer service | Orders tracking
Complaint handling | Physical dexterity
Cash handling | Inventory control
• Charted out 32 different “best” routes for delivery to regular customers which saved delivery time by 69%
• Trained 25 delivery drivers in the effective and safe ways of loading and unloading heavy auto parts such as engine blocks
• Performed preventative maintenance on 6 trucks simultaneously, in time for an urgent order delivery asked for by a regular client
• Arranged for fueling activities to be handled at the company premises which reduced the time it took for fueling each day
NAPA, Glenside, PA | 11/2015 – Present
Auto Parts Delivery Driver
• Study instructions for auto parts delivery and determine which part of the warehouse/store they are kept
• Assist order pullers in locating the desired auto part and inspecting it for conformance
• Physically carry parts to the delivery vehicle and load it properly and safely
• Obtain all corresponding documents such as invoices and manuals
• Chart out the shortest and safest route to the destination by using maps and/or the GPS
• Drive the delivery vehicle on charted out routes and ensure that deliveries are made on time
• Hand over auto parts to the customer and ask them to check them for conformance
• Have the receipt signed and ensure that invoices are given to customers
Lithia Auto Stores, Glenside, PA | 1/2005 to 5/2008
• Took instructions for pulling out auto parts orders and determined their location within the warehouse
• Physically picked out orders and checked them for conformity to order slips
• Carried parts to the delivery pallet, packed them in appropriate cases and assisted delivery drivers in loading them
• Ensured that auto parts are appropriately labeled for prices and specifications
• Filled in for delivery drivers during busy days or staff shortages
Glenside High School, Glenside, PA – 2002
Class B CDL License – State of Pennsylvania