Nutritionists are popular healthcare professionals who possess specific training in determining what various types of foods can do to a human body.
People who work as nutritionists are required to possess a degree in nutrition.
Working in many different organizations including hospitals, care centers, schools, and private clinics, nutritionists are expected to provide individual and group counseling services and assist their clients in determining their nutritional goals.
Nutritionists work closely with their clients to determine what their health care needs are, especially where food is concerned.
Once a nutritionist has appropriate information on how a client’s nutritional needs have to be managed, he will chart out a plan to meet those needs.
This information is important, especially when writing a resume as employers look for people who have a good understanding of this subject matter.
Related: Nutritionist Cover Letter
The nutritionist resume sample below will give you an idea of how to write a resume sample for this position. Read on!
Nutritionist Resume Sample
344 Hemmingway Avenue, Providence, RI 70000
• 7+ years’ experience as a nutritionist and dietician.
• Demonstrated ability to confer with clients to determine their nutritional goals.
• Well versed in planning and executing appropriately charted-out nutrition plans.
• Adept at developing training materials in order to expedite nutritional processes.
• Familiar with managing nutritional plans in a “coordinated care” environment.
• Highly experienced in recommending special diets for diseases such as hypertension and diabetes.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Therapeutic nutrition
• Interviewing and counseling
• Dietary assessment techniques
• Quality patient care
• Introduced the concept of coordinated care to the facility which brought about much success in carrying out effective nutrition plans.
• Developed the facility’s core materials for educating clients and family members on the benefits of eating healthy.
• Revamped the client records system by converting the existing manual system into an electronic one.
• Keyed in all 2250 clients’ information into the new electronic database within one week.
• Determined nutritional evaluation by means of age and developmentally appropriate standards.
Acelero, Providence, RI
Sep 2016 – Present
• Meet clients to determine their nutritional needs and goals.
• Chart out relevant nutritional procedures and plans based on individual clients’ nutritional goals.
• Educate clients on the need for the appropriate eating habit.
• Develop materials to aid in nutritional education.
• Reinforce nutritional education at every meeting.
• Analyze clients’ present food intake and add or take away whatever is not healthy.
• Recommend diets and exercises to facilitate nutrition plans.
• Advise what type of food clients need to take.
• Confer with other healthcare professionals for clients who have medical problems.
ABC Company, Providence, RI
Mar 2013 – Sep 2016
• Took preliminary client information such as nutritional backgrounds and medical histories.
• Recorded new clients’ information in the facility database.
• Handed nutrition education literature to clients.
• Managed telephone and appointments for the nutritionist.
• Handled paperwork such as clients’ forms and files.
B.S. Degree in Nutrition and Medical Dietetics
Rhode Island University, Providence, RI
• Ability to inspire and motivate clients
• Positive and non-judgmental attitude
• Able to relate to people from diverse backgrounds