The most important thing that you need to do in order to obtain a dietetic internship is to write a resume.
In your resume, you should mention what makes you a better candidate to hire than all the others who have applied for the job. Focus on your diet plan development skills, along with the ability to communicate with patients and peers in an effective manner.
Also, your dietetic internship resume should highlight the fact that your educational background correlates with the job requirements.
Besides, you should emphasize your knowledge of coordinating recipe development and standardization.
A resume sample for a dietetic intern is provided here for you to obtain ideas from:
Related: Dietetic Internship Cover Letter
Dietetic Internship Resume Sample
50 6th Street, Concord, NH 31202
Enthusiastic, well-organized, and competent individual, with a solid educational background in nutrition. Results-driven, and self-confident, boasting in-depth knowledge of planning and conducting nutritional programs to assist health promotion.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition
New Hampshire State University, Concord, NH – 2019
• Dietetics • Food Service Administration
• Community Nutrition • Macronutrients
• Disease Control through Nutrition • Patient Education
• Patient Intervention • Special Diets
• Honored for staying on top of the class during the entirety of the bachelor’s program
• Remained on the Dean’s Honor Roll for 2 years, owing to exceptional academic excellence
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Patient Assessment • Counseling
• Meal Plans Development • Better Nutrition Promotion
• Meal Planning • Reports Management
• Patient Education • Recipe Development Coordination
The Height of Nutrition, Concord, NH | 8/2019 – 1/2020
• Assessed clients to determine their specific conditions, and dietary needs
• Provided counseling to patients on nutritional issues and healthy eating habits
• Developed meal plans, and evaluated the effect of meal plans on patients
• Assisted health professionals in prescribing diets and health plans
• Helped facilitate dietary changes
• Educated patients about duet-related health issues
• Devised, and implemented nutritional plans
• Made modifications to plans to meet patients’ dynamic requirements
• Coordinated recipe development for patients’ specific needs
• Inspected meals served to ensure conformance to prescribed diets
• Prepared manuals, and diet plan brochures
• Helped facilitate dietary changes in patients’ lives
• Supported the work of healthcare professionals by offering information services
• Made presentations, and imparted information to the general public
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Volunteered services to a local old age home for 2 years
• Led a team of volunteers to provide services as Big Brothers and Sisters at an orphanage