The main idea behind writing a resume is to make sure that a considerable amount of information is communicated to a hiring manager on a single page document.
And the sample below will guide you how you can make this happen:
Industrial Designer Resume Example
173 Green Avenue, Park City, NJ 58004
(000) 999-3423 | [Email]
Highly competent and resourceful individual, with exceptional comprehension of developing and delivering high-performance designs for products, by combining art, business, and engineering. Exceptionally focused on creating style and function of products.
• Demonstrated ability to consult with clients, to determine their design requirements.
• Effectively able to research target users and the various ways in which a product may be used.
• Proven ability to use a wide variety of computer software to develop virtual models of diverse designs.
• Track record of efficiently and accurately examining materials and production costs, to determine manufacturing requirements.
|Idea Development||Form Designing||Design Ideas Evaluation|
|Client Liaison||Simulations Building||Tools Use|
|Illustrations||Blueprints Comprehension||Design Trends Research|
|Testing||Safety Testing||Marketing Support|
• Developed a novel design for a piece of hardware, considered 100% more usable than the one it replaced.
• Augmented the design research process, by introducing a dynamic research process.
• Trained 15 other industrial designers in testing products, as part of their training process.
• Increased the safety of a product by 55%, by incorporating an element in it, which was forgotten at the time of the original design.
Apex Tool Group, Park City, NJ | 2013 – Present
• Confer with clients to determine their specific product design requirements and budgets.
• Create and present industrial product designs to clients, to make them aware of the possible end product.
• Draft sketches, aimed at seeing what enhancements can be made to the original product.
• Use blueprints and drawings to demonstrate the potential of each product, and perform fabrication activities.
• Research design trends, and ensure that products are enhanced to minimize their limitations.
• Ascertain that the safety of each product is kept in mind throughout the designing process.
• Create, develop, and implement research on appearance, safety, and function of the developed product.
• Work on package designs, and oversee the development process to ensure that all is being managed according to protocol.
Industrial Design Assistant
Energizer, Park City, NJ | 2007 – 2013
• Assisted designers in determining clients’ requirements, by engaging them in conversation.
• Provided brainstorming support, and created product design models.
• Created and developed designs, by sketching or using the computer-aided software.
• Provided support and assistance during product testing phases.
• Determined the practicality of each design, by gauging product functionality and safety.
New Jersey State University, Park City, NY – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Design