In order to get more interviews, you have to make sure that your Dental Hygienist resume:
- Proves that you are well qualified, eligible, and worthy.
- Builds a bridge between the employer’s needs and your skills.
- Elaborates the value you will add to the employer.
To create a positive first impression, a job seeker should write a brief and crisp resume with a contemporary format based on current resume writing guidelines.
As a matter of fact, your resume should be appealing enough to inspire the hiring manager to continue reading it until the end.
Resume experts usually advise candidates to go through several resume examples before writing their resume to get an in-depth understanding of and familiarity with the present-day resume writing standards and accessible formats.
The following example will guide you in this regard.
Sample Resume for Dental Hygienist
71 McQueen Avenue, Richmond, VA 45902
DENTAL HYGIENIST ~ 6 YEARS
Poised to maintain maximum oral hygiene for patients through diagnostic and therapeutic dental services.
Detail-oriented and seasoned dental hygienist, with proven expertise in oral health assessment, dental prophylaxis, and periodontal screening. A versatile professional who has profound communication skills and track record of working in collaboration with the dentist to deliver top-quality dental hygiene services to clients. Ability to clean calcareous deposits and stains from teeth and gum margins. Fully aware of HIPPA issued equipment sterilization and infection control protocols.
• Fluoride Treatment • Soft Tissue Management
• Dental X-Ray • Periodontal Debridement
• Bleach Tray Preparation • Dental Charting
• Treatment Plan Development • Oral Hygiene Assessment
• Supplies Replenishment • Equipment Sterilization
• Reduced patient registration and initial history taking time by 10 minutes on average, by implementing a comprehensive and computer-readable patient data form.
• Devised an efficient way of administering Arestin inside the patient’s dental pockets to ensure its full immersion which was highly appreciated by the Dental Specialist.
• Conducted 15+ dental health awareness programs in the community and educated the population regarding simple ways to maintain a healthy dental hygiene routine and prevent oral diseases.
Dental Hygienist | 2012 – Present
HEARTLAND DENTAL CLINIC, Richmond, VA
• Conduct and interpret digital radiography.
• Assess the patient’s dental hygiene.
• Prepare procedure trays and bleaching trays.
• Replenish all dental supplies timely.
• Sterilize dental equipment and disinfect the tools.
• Place temporary fillings and perform fluoride treatments as and when required.
Dental Hygienist Assistant | 2009 – 2012
WESTERN DENTAL CENTRE, Richmond, VA
• Assisted the dentist with the necessary dental procedures and dental emergencies.
• Took the history of the patients and prepared their files.
• Explained the diagnosis and treatment plan to the patients.
• Cleaned up after every treatment session.
• Prepared the procedure room for the next session.
• Disinfect all utensils, equipment, and dental tools.
• Assisted by intra-oral x-ray taking and developing.
Associate’s Degree in Dental Technology
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF DENTISTRY, Richmond, VA – 2009
BCLS and First Aid Certified
• Dental Radiographs
• MS Word and Excel