In order to apply for a lead custodian job, you will need a well-crafted resume, as well as a cover letter.
Here is a resume sample for a lead custodian position to get ideas:
Sample Resume for Lead Custodian Position
673 Bedford Road, Alexandria, VA 22301
Results-driven Custodian with 6+ years’ track record of leading and motivating cross-functional cleaning and housekeeping teams. Proficient in planning and overseeing custodial work to maintain a high standard of safety and cleanliness. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Coordinating cleaning plans and schedules of custodial staff members
• Inspecting the performance of custodial staff to ensure compliance to cleanliness and maintenance standards
• Methods, materials, chemicals, and equipment used in custodial work
• Adept at working independently and maintaining a collaborative and positive working environment
Staff scheduling | Safety standards
Staff Training | Sanitation
Grounds-keeping | Machine operations
• Led an intense cleaning run, during which an entire 12-floor building was cleaned within 6 hours.
• Earned high respect for suggesting cooperative communications team-building exercises, which resulted in increased work efficiency.
• Trained 8 groups of custodial staff within 16 weeks, so that they could be deployed to a newly opened office building.
SHAMROCK FOODS COMPANY, Alexandria, VA
5/2018 – Present
• Determine custodial staffing needs and figure out which staff members are suitable for what type of work.
• Select and train staff members to perform specific custodial work such as cleaning, mopping, and sanitizing.
• Create and coordinate cleaning plans and oversee staff activities to ensure that appropriate standard of safety and cleanliness is maintained.
• Assist staff members in choosing the right equipment and tools to handle their work.
• Maintain inventory of cleaning equipment and supplies and coordinate with vendors and suppliers to ensure procurement on a timely basis.
• Inspect facilities and grounds to ensure that proper upkeep of both is maintained.
• Provide feedback post-inspection and lead staff members to perform cleaning and maintenance work in areas that were previously ignored.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of equipment, keeping safety issues in mind.
• Perform minor repairs on buildings and fixtures and handle operations of boilers and gas heaters.
• Maintain records of staff members, supplies, and equipment.
• Ensure that the security needs of the building are met properly by setting up and disarming alarm systems.
GREENVILLE TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Alexandria, VA
1/2015 – 5/2018
• Swept and mopped floors in classrooms, offices, and hallways.
• Ensured the cleanliness of counters and furniture by performing dusting and wiping activities.
• Mixed cleaning and disinfecting liquids in safe quantities and performed disinfection work on door handles, floors, windows, and furniture.
• Emptied and washed waste paper bins and ensured that trash was appropriately disposed of.
• Washed windows, walls and ensured appropriate sanitization of bathrooms.
• Assisted in setting up and cleaning rooms for special events.
• Handled minor grounds-keeping work by providing assistance to gardeners.
• Performed minor repair and maintenance tasks such as changing bulbs and repairing fixtures.
ALEXANDRIA HIGH SCHOOL, Alexandria, VA – 2008