You might be an experienced and highly skilled person and a perfect fit for a head custodian position. However, if you are not able to present your skills coherently in your resume, the employer will not be able to assess your candidacy as a viable candidate.
Therefore, pay special attention when writing/editing your resume for the Head Custodian position.
Head Custodian Resume Writing Tips
The following are some helpful tips to tune your resume and enhance your chances of being shortlisted for a job interview:
- Use some uncommon yet powerful action words to describe your experiences
- Quantify your accomplishments wherever possible
- Replace your objective with a career summary
- Illustrate how you can benefit the hiring organization with your potential and skills
Related: Head Custodian Cover Letter Sample
Head Custodian Resume Example
755 Dawson Sq, Edina, MN 73002
Committed to attaining high standards of hygiene and sanitation.
Diligent and disciplined Head Custodian with 11+ years’ successful track record in housekeeping, personnel management, premises maintenance, carpet vacuuming, and trash disposal. Adept at scheduling and managing shifts and ensuring the work quality of all custodians.
• Capable of removing and sorting trash, transferring the same to the recycle/ disposal area.
• Thorough understanding of safety precautions regarding chemical cleaners and power cleaning equipment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in using snow melting equipment.
• Implemented material safety data sheets (MSDS) procedures in the facility
• Arranged the conference hall for 500+ people single-handedly twice
• Landscaped the exterior/lawn area skillfully within a minimal budget
Comfort Inn Lodges, Edina, MN
2018 – Present
• Oversee and schedule the shifts and workload for all housekeeping personnel
• Supervise other custodians’ work quality
• Clean the building entrance and corridors
• Respond promptly to client calls and requests
• Maintain the terraces and lobby in neat, clean order
• Collect trash from disposing of on a daily basis
Edina Public School, Edina, MN
2007 – 2018
• Swept and wiped floors, vacuumed carpets, and cleaned the washrooms
• Dusted furniture and polished metal handles regularly
• Cleared the snow from the parking area and pavements
• Washed the windows regularly
• Inspected and tested fire extinguishers regularly
ABC School, Edina, MN | 2007
• Ability to read and follow written instructions
• Familiar with OSHA Guidelines
• CPR and first aid training
• Capable of filing and updating daily inventories
• Bilingual: Spanish and English