The job market requirements and resume writing standards are rapidly changing, and it is essential to update your resume now and then to compete successfully for a ship captain position.
All those years of experience will not even get you near a job interview if not presented amply on your resume.
Here are some essentials of a good resume followed by a ship captain resume sample for your guidance:
Insert accurate information; employers may verify the dates and degrees.
Do not exceed one page in length.
Optimize your resume for the internet by using a right amount of industry-specific keywords.
Make sure the skills you are highlighting are same as the ones wanted explicitly by the prospective employer.
Ship Captain Resume Example
488 Rosemary Lane, Chicago, IL 56222
Dynamic and supportive ship captain with an unbeaten track record in vessel piloting and onboard crew management. Competent in guest service, and error-free navigation of big vessels through various sea routes. US Coast Guard License holder (100 ton) with extensive knowledge of DOT regulations.
|– Crew Management||– Ship Navigation||– Tugboat Towing|
|– Ship Inspection||– Inventory Maintenance||– Offshore Fueling|
|– Duty Scheduling||– Terminal Coordination||– Overboard Drilling|
|– First Aid Certified||– Vessel Administration||– TWIC Card Holder|
ROYAL CARRIBEAN CRUISES – Chicago, IL
• Implement the MMS, DOT and USCG guidelines on the ship
• Detect a defect in the ship’s radar system and rectified the same personally
• Reduce annual fuel costs by 20% through vigilant, proactive and cost-effective engine maintenance
• Ensure vessel and passengers safety and supervise overall operations of the ship
• Conduct pre and post trip vessel inspections and assist in coast guard inspections on route
• Keep the crew organized, motivated and performing well
• Greet all guests courteously and provide an informative and entertaining environment
ENTERTAINMENT CRUISES – Chicago, IL
• Assisted in updating of the vessel’s safety manual
• Assisted in docking, undocking, and maneuvering of the vessel
• Executed safe navigation of the ship
• Maintained the boat engine and radio communication equipment in functional condition at all times
A.A, Vessel Piloting
VOCATIONAL COLLEGE OF ILLINOIS, Chicago, IL, 2006
High School Diploma
ST.PATRICK’S HIGH, Chicago, IL, 2005
Last updated on