You may feel that you have to write a resume differently depending on the position that you are applying for.
Actually, the position does not matter. If you have to write a resume, it has to be done according to specific rules, no matter what part of the organizational hierarchy you want yourself to be adjusted in.
A standard resume sample for boat builder position is given below for your reference:
Boat Builder Resume Example
722 Paige Drive | Cranston, RI 46301 | (000) 655-8547 | [Email]
Physically dexterous and hardworking Boat Builder with extensive comprehension of constructing, fitting out and repairing marine vessels. A progressive and organized person with exceptional skills in using trade-specific tools and equipment ensure timely and accurate building activities.
• Cutting and forming parts such as keel, ribs, and sidings using woodworking hand and power tools.
• Constructing and shaping wooden frames and structures according to provided blueprint specifications.
• Ensuring that finishing activities are properly carried out.
• Establishing dimensional reference points on layouts and hulls to make templates of parts.
|✓ Sketch Preparation||✓ Slipways Creation||✓ Composite Construction|
|✓ Fiberglass Construction||✓ Wood Reinforcing||✓ Damage Prevention|
|✓ Preventative Maintenance||✓ Die Creation||✓ Computer Aided Design|
|✓ Engine Fitting||✓ Interior Building||✓ Safe Working Practices|
• Award Winning: Successfully created a fleet of small floating vessels, thereby achieving an award for the Most Diligently Produced fleet.
• Damage Control: Initiated and implemented a series of damage control procedures (during the building of marine vessels) which decreased instances of wear and tear by 67%.
• Quality Maintenance: All vessels created between the years 2013 and 2016 received Mettle, the highest quality assurance stamp possible for marine vessels.
• Cost Reduction: Introduced a new wood vendor to the company, who charged 85% less for materials and shipment than the previous one.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Scarano Boat Building, Cranston, RI | 2009 – Present
• Study blueprints and specifications for each boat building project and inquire about details from clients.
• Decipher which materials, equipment and tools will be required to build specific boats and provide a cost estimate to clients.
• Obtain approvals from clients and make arrangements for materials and supplies to be delivered.
• Cut and form parts, support structures, and blocks by using appropriate tools and equipment.
• Attach metal parts by using braces and wrenches and smooth and finish boat surfaces.
• Assemble and install hull timbers by following set instructions in the blueprints, and by using provided adhesives.
• Build vessel interiors by taking specific orders from interior designers and give feedback to them regarding limitations.
• Repair vessels according to particular requirements and perform both regular and preventative maintenance on them.
Ideal Marine Vehicles, Cranston, RI | 2007 – 2009
• Gathered/arranged for materials, supplies, tools, and equipment needed for each boat building project.
• Cleared work areas of debris and other hazardous materials to make it possible for boat builders to work efficiently.
• Assisted in attaching parts such as fittings, plates, and bulkheads by holding them in place while the builder worked.
• Provided support for smoothing and finishing boat surfaces using power sanders and broadax.
• Assisted in examining boats for the need for repair and maintenance and ensuring that these requirements were met.
Grocery Clerk | City Supermarket, Cranston, RI | 2003 – 2007
High School Diploma | 2002
Cranston High School, Cranston, RI