When you write an objective-based resume, it provides the reader with a chance to determine the route that the resume will take. Hence, an objective is not just a pretty thing on a resume – it has a reason.
There really aren’t any standard protocols that you need to follow in order to write a youth counselor resume objective.
A few things that you do need to look out for is to make sure that it doesn’t go beyond 2 lines, is relevant to the position and is not selfish.
An objective that speaks of “you” only is the one that will be on top of the failure list. Talk about what you can offer as opposed to talking about what you expect the company to do for you.
Be especially clear in what you have to say as you will have very little space to say all that you want to.
Best 10 Sample Objectives for Youth Counselor Resume
1. Seeking a position as a Youth Counselor at Green Chimneys. Bringing expertise in developing and implementing counseling programs to meet the individual emotional and physical needs of children, pre-teens, and teenagers.
2. Looking for a position as a Youth Counselor at Four Oaks using exceptional skills in applying family-based approaches to teach children cognitive self-control and personal coping skills. Able to provide behavior management and crisis intervention as required.
3. Results-oriented Youth Counselor seeking a position at The Children’s Home. Offers 7+ years’ hands-on experience in conducting behavioral, educational, and social skill development, through the implementation of core counseling programs.
4. To work for Youth Villages as Youth Counselor employing proven ability to handle rehabilitation procedures to ensure continuous success in placing troubled youth in appropriate programs.
5. To obtain a position as a Youth Counselor at NCLH Corporation. Eager to apply proficiencies in determining each member’s individual problems and creating effective, correlating programs to meet address them.
6. Seeking a Youth Counselor position at Family Services by utilizing a strong background in determining issues by engaging clients into meaningful conversation, and providing them with effective solutions.
7. Detail-oriented and driven youth counselor seeking a position at Grande Academy. Poised to equip students with the education, motivation, vision, life skills, and self-discipline necessary to lead a successful life.
8. Enthusiastic individual seeking a youth counselor position at Woodward Academy to teach, coach, and supervise students in activities of daily living, sports, academics, and extracurricular activities both on and off-campus.
9. Self-directed youth counselor with an Associate’s Degree in Psychology and 3 years of youth counseling experience. Poised to help youth develop life skills and social competencies.
10. Youth counselor with an associate degree in human services and experience direct care of children and adolescents. Seeking employment at XYZ Institute to demonstrate a variety of counseling, communication, and parenting skills intending to develop trusting, and supportive relationships with youth.