Objectives on resumes are often used as embellishments with little or no meaning to them. But this is a completely wrong way of thinking. When you write an objective-based resume, it provides the reader with a chance to determine the route that the resume will take. Hence, an objective is not just a pretty thing on a resume – it has a reason.
There really aren’t any standard protocols that you need to follow in order to write a youth counselor resume objective. A few things that you do need to look out for is to make sure that it doesn’t go beyond 2 lines, is relevant to the position and is not selfish. An objective that speaks of “you” only is the one that will be on top of the failure list. Talk about what you can offer as opposed to talking about what you expect the company to do for you. Be especially eloquent in what you have to say as you will have very little space to say all that you want to.
• Seeking a position as a Youth Counselor at Green Chimneys. Bringing expertise in developing and implementing counseling programs to meet the individual emotional and physical needs of children, pre-teens and teenagers.
• Looking for a position as a Youth Counselor at Four Oaks using exceptional skills in applying family-based approaches to teach children cognitive self-control and personal coping skills.
• Desire a Youth Counselor position at The Children’s Home. Offers 7+ years’ hands-on experience in conducting behavioral, educational and social skill development, through implementation of core counseling programs.
• To work for Youth Villages as Youth Counselor employing proven ability to handle rehabilitation procedures to ensure continuous success in placing troubled youth in appropriate programs.
• To obtain a position as a Youth Counselor at NCLH Corporation. Eager to apply proficiencies in determining each member’s individual problems and creating effective, correlating programs to meet address them.
• Seeking a Youth Counselor position at Family Services by utilizing a strong background in determining issues by engaging clients into meaningful conversation, and providing them with effective solutions.