An employment counselor resume is your primary job application document and that gets you a job – or not.
Cover letters help but it is the resume that often becomes the deciding factor in hiring you.
Employers depend highly on the detail that you provide in your resume to decide if you will work well for them.
So give your resume all the skills and abilities you have to make it the masterpiece that it deserves to be.
Let us assist you by providing you with an example:
Employment Counselor Resume Sample
889 Connecticut Avenue, Hyattsville, MD 89700
jbro @ email . com
Dynamic individual who can effectively use resources and avenues to provide suitable services pertaining to employment counseling, over a vast variety of professions. Highly experienced in assessing clients’ employability dimensions and making appropriate referrals to assist in finding the right types of job placements. Special talent for identifying employment barriers and assisting clients in developing job readiness skills and job search strategies
• Assessing needs for additional assistance, including rehabilitation, financial aid, and vocational training
• Supporting and monitoring clients’ progress through designated employment service plans
• Conducting exit interviews and collecting client evaluations of work or project experiences
|Suitability Assessment||Counseling||Job Placement|
|Job Maintenance||Decision Making||Progress Assessments|
|Aptitude Determination||Employment Support||Networking|
|Referral Management||Facilitation Initiatives||Market Research|
• Successfully provided jobs for 23 individuals (over a period of 12 months) who had limited job skills, by first arranging for their training and then placing them into high-paying positions.
• Conducted several seminars on job maintenance and barriers self-determination to help clients retain their jobs
• Created and implemented a progress assessment checklist, proven useful when determining job hunt progress of each individual client
• Implemented a referral system which resulted in a 56% increase in clientele
LifeStream Inc. Hyattsville, MD
• Initiate and maintain ongoing personal contact with various businesses and industry representatives
• Create and maintain effective liaison with recruitment companies and job placement agencies
• Develop and implement outreach programs by coordinating and attending job fairs and recruitment events
• Interview clients to determine their specific work placement needs and assess their skills and capabilities
• Create client profiles and match them to existing information such as company requirements
• Refer qualified clients to employers and conduct follow-up when clients have been hired
AA LLC, Hyattsville, MD
• Responded to employment counseling queries over the telephone and in-person
• Provided suggestions for gaining additional qualifications for advertised jobs
• Instructed clients in application procedures, interview preparation, and job retention skills
• Prepared forms and assist clients in filling them out
• Ensure that all client information is stored in a safe and confidential manner
Goodwill Co. Hyattsville, MD
• Assessed each client’s job placement needs and associated skills and created information files on them
• Hunted suitable jobs for each client by going through newspaper ads and archives and contacting job placement agencies
• Handled research work to determine industry trends and available positions within each industry
• Prepares client registration forms
• Assisted clients in filling forms appropriately
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Maryland State University, Hyattsville, MD – 2009