Bob Evans Grill Cook Job Description
Grilled food is Bob Evans’s specialty – so it stands to reason that the grill cooks that they hire at their restaurant will not be ordinary grill cooks.
A Bob Evans grill cook prepares each dish according to set recipes and ensures that proper food handling and sanitation processes are followed within the restaurant.
As a grill cook at Bob Evans, you will be working on a shift basis, and you will have to do your best to pick up where the previous grill cook left.
Since standardization is the main concern of any hospitality environment, you will have to make sure that whatever you cook, conforms to the organization’s standards for taste, portioning and visual appeal.
Here is a list of duties that you will be performing on any typical day working as a grill cook.
Bob Evans Grill Cook Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform starting up duties by switching on grills and oven at the beginning of each shift
• Grill or cook all items according to specified requirements
• Properly cube and slice items
• Perform marinating and sautéing activities according to established recipes and procedures
• Grill cheese, meats, poultry, and vegetables by following set procedures and grilling times
• Accurately adjust heat and timers are for each item that needs to be grilled
• Put together dishes of grilled food by portioning meats, cheeses, and vegetables appropriately
• Ensure that appropriate cleaning and sanitizing procedures are followed at the end of the shift
• Oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of grilling equipment and utensils and provide feedback to the kitchen manager in case either is damaged or worn out
• Assist the cook in handling cooking duties by preparing ingredients or grilling them to make them part of a cooked or broiled dish
Bob Evans Grill Cook Educational Requirements
To work as a grill cook, you will need to possess a high school diploma at the very least – if you possess a degree in culinary arts, you may be considered a better choice to hire.