Your primary focus, when writing your remodeling contractor resume, should be to impress a hiring manager.
And it is easy to do so through a resume if the content is perfectly placed.
Here is a sample:
Remodeling Contractor Resume Example
17 Bend Road, Eugene, OR 49031
Uniquely-qualified remodeling contractor with 19+ years of experience in improving the quality and beauty of buildings, in a professional manner, which exceeds customer expectations. Well-versed in utilizing carpentry skills to efficiently and profitably produce remodeling projects.
• Successfully handled three remodeling projects at the same time, ensuring timely completion of all of them.
• Trained 15 labor workers to perform remodeling work, within a short time span of 4 months.
• Implemented a worksite preparation system, which proved to be 75% more efficient than the one already in use.
• Introduced the concept of preventative maintenance on remodeling equipment, resulting in increased life and usage.
|Project Planning||Specs Comprehension||Insulation Assistance|
|Rot Repair||Cabinetry Installation||Framing|
|Tile Work||Equipment Use||Preventative Maintenance|
|Worksite Preparation||Inventory Oversight||Vendor Liaison|
Design PRO, Eugene, OR | 2009-Present
• Check specifications of each assigned remodeling projects, to determine required work.
• Perform inspections of worksites, to determine the type and quality of work required. Instruct and oversee laborers to clear worksites, ensuring that no hazardous materials are present.
• Create cost estimates of assigned remodeling projects, present them to clients, and obtain approvals.
• Make preparations to begin remodeling projects, by obtaining materials, equipment, tools, and machinery.
• Perform a variety of remodeling activities, including installing windows, and doors, and handling plumbing and electric wiring work.
• Oversee the work of others to ensure that remodeling work is being performed according to provided instructions.
• Arrange for materials and equipment to be present at the worksite, by ensuring that vendor and supplier follow up is properly done.
• Provide workers with information and insight into performing remodeling work in an efficient and safe manner.
H & H Construction, Eugene, OR | 1999-2009
• Cleared debris and hazardous materials from assigned work areas, to prepare them for remodeling or carpentry work.
• Acquired materials, tools, and equipment from storage areas, ensuring that the right ones are picked.
• Assisted contractors in pulling down old carpentry work, or electrical and plumbing lines.
• Provided support for replacing woodwork such as cabinets, windows, and doors.
• Oversaw the collection and storage of equipment and tools, at the end of each shift.
Eugene High School, Eugene, OR
High School Diploma