Resume objectives are considered well-written only if they target the needs of the employer.
There are two main purposes of a resume objective:
- To inform the prospective employer of your abilities, competencies, skills, and experiences, and potential contribution to the company.
- To encourage the prospective employer to read the rest of the resume in detail.
If your resume objective can do both these, you have been successful in writing one that will be considered “good” by the employer!
Going through a dozen or so resume objective samples will give you an idea of how one is written using the “cause and effect” method. Looking through samples is actually an excellent idea provided the objectives are written in the aforementioned “career-wise” fashion.
Since we are talking about “focused” resume objectives here, let us have a look at examples of resume objectives of a flooring installer:
Sample Objectives for Flooring Installer Resume
1. Versatile and creative individual seeking a position as a Flooring Installer at Smart Flooring to utilize 6+ years’ experience in choosing and installing appropriate flooring materials for specific projects and meeting deadlines effectively.
2. Looking for a Flooring Installer position at Tradesmen International. Bringing expertise in correcting defects in existing floors and installing new floors, by keeping within budget constraints and project deadlines.
3. A Floor Installer position at Extra Help Inc where I will be able to make the most of my ability to install floors in a perfect manner. Able to determine ideal materials and layouts for both residential and commercial projects and acquire and use materials efficiently for laying hardwood, vinyl, and tiled flooring projects.
4. To contribute to the success of ABC Company as a Flooring Installer by utilizing hands-on experience in accurately measuring areas and determining materials and resources for each flooring project.
5. To obtain a position as a Flooring Installer at Elite Flooring Plus. Geared to provide suggestions to replace or repair old floors using innovative design ideas and install new floors according to customers’ specific instructions
6. Seeking a Flooring Installer position at Advanced Flooring and Design. Offering exceptional insight into handling large flooring projects for both residential and commercial buildings, with a special focus on the quality of work.