A well-written Flooring Installer resume increases the likelihood os an interview and the job eventually.
By using the following resume sample, you can build one will be appreciated by the employer.
Related: Flooring Installer Cover Letter
Flooring Installer Resume Sample
710 Hancock Street, Dover, NH 38200
sam.niel @ email . com
Physically strong flooring installer with 9+ years’ track record of measuring and installing hardwood floors using precisely cut blocks. Well-versed in maintaining, repairing and applying the sound-deadening and decorative covering to floors, walls, and cabinets. Demonstrated ability to install carpet and vinyl flooring in both residential and commercial properties.
• Functional knowledge of measuring and estimating the number of cuts required for each project.
• Familiar with tile and hardwood installation and refinishing tasks.
• Knowledge of installing ceiling tiles and grid systems and performing preventative maintenance duties.
KEY FLOOR INSTALLATION SKILLS
– Site Inspection – Surface Cleanliness
– Safety Procedures – Brick/tile laying
– Blueprints Reading – Carpentry Tasks
– Plumbing – Layout Selection
– Materials Procurement – Material Preparation
– Dimensions Recording – Defects Correction
• Installed vinyl flooring over a large expanse of a commercial building within the record time of three weeks
• Reduced materials transport cost by 60% by suggesting buying basic materials in bulk from a local vendor
• Reined in a massive floor installation project by assisting in project planning and making sound recommendations
• Trained 52 apprentices to work as flooring installers over a period of 4 years
Cherry Carpet and Flooring, Dover, NH | 2011 – Present
• Read and comprehend blueprints and work orders to plan flooring work
• Confer with clients to determine how they want their floors and ceilings to appear
• Suggest the right materials such as brick, tile or vinyl for flooring work
• Choose the right quality and color by taking clients’ input on aesthetics and budgeting
• Procure the right material for each project by maintaining contact with vendors
• Cut and shape floor tiles according to predefined specifications
• Install cut and shaped tiles to floors, ceilings, and cabinets
• Order materials needed for tile replacements and repairing
• Perform maintenance services on existing floors and ensure that all safety pads are installed
• Replace tiles if they break or are tarnished and ensure that the new one is in sync with the existing design
• Install polyethylene films to ensure that water doesn’t get in and padded underlayment to reduce noise
• Choose and mix adhesives in a safe manner and in accordance with each project’s requirements
Smart Carpet, Dover, NH | 2008 – 2011
Tile Installer Assistant
• Assisted in cutting and shaping ceramic and vinyl tiles
• Provided assistance in choosing the right tiles for each project
• Physically transported tiles from storage areas to work areas
• Installed flooring by using designated tools and following instructions
• Performed finishing duties by buffing and polishing installed tiles
• Maintained inventory of tools, equipment, and materials
Diploma: Dover High School, Dover, NH – 2005
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong work ethic
• Time management
• Customer Service