Carpenters work in the construction arena where they are required to work with wood and other materials. They perform both construction and repairing work and are usually self-employed.
There are many types of carpenters including cabinetmakers, floor coverers, millwright, and pile drivers depending on which area they take up as a profession.
Working as a carpenter requires many skills and physical aptitude. This job requires a person to be physically dexterous as you will need to climb ladders and lift heavy objects on a day to day basis.
The ability to withstand heights is important too as well as good hand-eye coordination. Since carpenters have to work as part of a construction team, they need to be able to take instructions appropriately and possess the ability to work in accordance with other subprojects.
If you enjoy shop class in school, you may want to think of taking up a career as a carpenter. When applying for this position you will need to make sure that you highlight your skills in the resume that you write.
The following are some examples of objectives for a carpenter resume.
Carpenter Resume Objective Examples
1. Results-oriented Carpenter seeking a position at Timber Roots. Offers 8+ years’ extensive experience in hand and power tools and safe handling practices to achieve the long-term goals of the organization.
2. Looking for a Carpenter position with Scaffolding Inc. Bringing expertise in managing carpentry work for construction sites using machinery and tools particular to the type of project.
3. Seeking a Carpenter position at ProBuild utilizing proficiency in the construction, alteration, and repair of commercial structures by means of the latest tools and equipment.
4. To work as a Carpenter with Trade Logic. Offers a strong orientation for results and a high commitment to quality and customer service.
5. To obtain work as a Carpenter at Kiewit where I can use my knowledge of residential structures and remodeling trades in order to provide the company’s customers with the best in carpentry services.