A resume for Order Entry Clerk is more than just a list of experiences and skills. In fact, it is a properly formatted document which contains the most relevant information that, at a quick look, tells a hiring manager that you are well-qualified to be considered as an Order Entry Clerk.
Remember, the purpose of your resume is not to make a hiring decision – but, an interview. Therefore, it’s critical to recognize that your resume should be written in a way which convinces the employer that you are the best candidate and an interview will be beneficial.
The sample below will help you make your resume stand apart and catch the employer’s eye instantly, amplifying your chances of getting an interview call so you will be able to sell yourself in person.
Order Entry Clerk Job Description
Order entry clerks usually work in the retail environment where their primary responsibility is to manage incoming orders from customers. They take orders and punch them into the company’s order processing system. They are required to make sure that the orders that they process are punched in correctly and that no errors are evident.
Requiring just a high school diploma, this position needs special skills in typing and accuracy. If you feel that you conform to the standards set for this position, the following resume sample is for you!
100 Colonial Circle | Harbor Beach, FL 88899 | (000) 999-9229 | Email
ORDER ENTRY CLERK
Dynamic professional with 8 years’ experience working as an order entry clerk with different retail stores. Competent at obtaining and entering orders in a professional manner, identifying and flagging problems in orders and taking rectification measures. Demonstrated ability to follow-up on the filled orders and address customers’ concerns.
• Highly effective in providing tier one services
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong knowledge of data entry services
• Technology savvy
• Great customer service skills
• Mechanical aptitude
Order Entry Clerk
Banbury’s, Harbor Beach, FL | Jan 2012 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive and provide order processing information
• Take orders from customers and punch them in the appropriate system
• Verify order information from the customer
• Process customer orders through various means such as telephone and email
• Communicate with agents and external agencies to ensure product availability
• Follow up on order status and customer feedback
Order Entry Clerk
Springs Window Fashions, Harbor Beach, FL | Feb 2010 – Jan 2012
• Greeted customers and directed them to the right department
• Assisted customers with choosing products and order processing activities
• Interacted with customers to gain feedback on service and product quality
• Took telephone calls and provided necessary information
GED: St. Louis High School, Harbor Beach, FL – 2009