Domestic cleaners work with cleaning agencies or in a private capacity where they are expected to perform many cleaning duties. These duties may include vacuuming, dusting, laundry, and other cleaning activities that are required around a house.
They should be physically dexterous and very energetic as their job demands heavy lifting, bending, and stooping for long periods of time. They are also expected to sweep, mop, and iron as well as washing dishes and making beds.
A resume for a domestic cleaning position is a short account of your career, qualifications, and accomplishments – written in a bullet form. The only purpose of a resume is to get you an interview.
Domestic Cleaner Resume Writing Tips
• Your resume must always be targeted to the house cleaning role, therefore, eliminate irrelevant information from your resume.
• Be focused on what you want the reader to learn about you. That said, include your skills, expertise, achievements, and relevant experience.
• Tailor your resume as per the requirements of each employer. Never send a standard resume to all employers.
• Choose a functional or a combination format for a cleaner’s resume.
• Limit the length of your resume to a single page.
• Always send a domestic cleaner cover letter along with your resume.
Domestic Cleaner Resume Sample
377 Mason Road, Cheyenne, WY 88993
Offering strong expertise in household cleaning and the ability to execute assigned tasks in a limited time.
• 9+ years’ hands-on experience as a cleaner and housekeeper
• Functional knowledge of cleaning practices within a domestic environment
• Competent in using several chemicals and materials in a safe manner
• In-depth understanding of supplies management and household inventory control
• Conversant with polishing and vacuuming activities
AA Cleaners, Cheyenne, WY | 2015 – Present
• Wipe and polish floors and counters
• Vacuum carpets and furniture as instructed
• Polish cabinets and wood furniture
• Sweep and mop bathrooms
• Manage laundry and ironing activities
• Dust lampshades and fans as directed
• Clean patios and decks and assist in the kitchen
• Prepare food when required
ABM Industries, Inc. – Honolulu, HI | 2009 – 2015
• Assisted in cleaning and tidying inside of the house
• Cleaned kitchen and work area
• Washed dishes and laid table
• Cleaned bathrooms and watered indoor plants
• Vacuumed carpets and dusted furniture
• Babysat children as and when needed
High School Diploma
City School, Honolulu, HI – 2005
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Good decision making and analytic skills
• Able to work without supervision
“I am the self-motivated and reliable person who is focused on getting work done.”