Domestic cleaners work with cleaning agencies or in a private capacity where they are expected to perform many cleaning duties.
These duties may include vacuuming, dusting, laundry and other cleaning activities that are required around a house.
They should be physically dexterous and very energetic as their job demands heavy lifting, bending and stooping for long periods of time. They are also expected to sweep, mop and iron as well as well as washing dishes and making beds.
The primary purpose of this page is to help you build a high quality and targeted resume for the position of a domestic cleaner. A resume for domestic cleaning position is a short account of your career, qualifications, and accomplishments – written in a bullet form. The only purpose of a resume is to get you an interview.
Domestic Cleaner Resume Writing Tips
• Your resume must always be targeted to the house cleaning role, therefore, eliminate irrelevant information from your resume.
• Be focused on what you want the reader to learn about you, i.e., your skills, expertise, achievements and relevant experience.
• Tailor your resume as per requirements of each employer. Never send a standard resume to all employers.
• Choose a functional or a combination format for a cleaner’s resume.
• Limit your resume length to a single page.
Domestic Cleaner Resume Sample
377 Mason Road ● Cheyenne, WY 88993
Cell: (999) 999-6069 ● Email
Offering strong expertise in household cleaning and ability to execute assigned tasks in a limited time.
• 9+ years’ hands-on experience as a cleaner
• Functional knowledge of cleaning practices within a domestic environment
• Competent in using several chemicals and materials in a safe manner
• In-depth understanding of supplies management and household inventory control
• Conversant with polishing and vacuuming activities
AA Cleaners, Cheyenne, WY | 2011 – Present
• Wipe and polish floors and counters
• Vacuum carpets and furniture as instructed
• Polish cabinets and wood furniture
• Sweep and mop bathrooms
• Manage laundry and ironing activities
• Dust lampshades and fans as directed
• Clean patios and decks and assist in the kitchen
• Prepare food when required
ABM Industries, Inc. – Honolulu, HI | 2009 – 2011
• Assisted in cleaning and tidying inside of the house
• Cleaned kitchen and work area
• Washed dishes and laid table
• Cleaned bathrooms and watered indoor plants
• Vacuumed carpets and dusted furniture
• Babysat children as and when needed
High School Diploma
City School, Honolulu, HI – 2005
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Good decision making and analytic skills
• Able to work without supervision
“I am the self-motivated and reliable person who is focused on getting work done.”
Last updated on