Cleaning skills can be as significant as professional experiences for hiring managers.
In order to make a skills section of a cleaner resume, you will need to:
• List your relevant jobs and professional activities performed in the past.
• Think of transferable skills you have developed from those experiences.
• Group these skills into qualifications, strengths or special skills section of your resume.
• Arrange skills statements in order of importance as required by the employer.
The following are some sample skills for a cleaner resume.
You may use some of these statements in the skills, strengths, abilities or qualifications section of your resume.
Tip: Select the most relevant statements as given in the cleaner job description.
Cleaner Skills / Strengths / Qualifications for Resume
• Highly skilled in cleaning and emptying waste containers, and eliminating debris from the premises to designated area.
• Thorough understanding of using different tools and chemicals used in the cleaning process.
• Able to use detergents and chemicals carefully.
• Competent at vacuuming rugs and carpeted areas.
• Hands-on experience in emptying and cleaning ashtray and screening sand urns.
• Proven record of sweeping and dusting floors and entrance areas
• Able to hand dust and wipe clean all furnishings, fixtures, panels, window sills, and horizontal surfaces.
• Demonstrated ability to wash, clean and sterilize all water coolers.
• Comprehensive knowledge of damping mop spillage.
• Well-versed in dusting the external surfaces of lighting fixtures.
• Knowledge of wipe cleaning and polishing all metal hardware fixtures.
• Known to follow all cleaning schedules and policies established by the employer.
• Special talent for maintaining a supply inventory.
• Committed to maintaining a strong relationship with clients and coworkers.
Soft Skills for Cleaner Resume
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Dedicated and careful
- High level of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a physically demanding environment
- Works well with others
- Comfortable being around pets
- Adaptable to change
- Friendly and trustworthy disposition
- Current driver’s license
- Bilingual: English and Spanish