Cleaning skills can be as significant as professional experiences for hiring managers. In order to make a skills section of a cleaner resume, you will need to:
- List your relevant jobs and professional activities performed in the past.
- Think about the transferable skills that you have developed from experiences.
- Group these skills into qualifications, strengths, or special skills section of your resume.
- Arrange skills statements in order of importance as required by the employer.
The following are some sample hard skills and qualifications, as well as soft skills to add in a cleaner resume. Feel free to use some of these statements in the skills, strengths, abilities, or qualifications section of your resume.
Tip: Select the most relevant statements as given in the cleaner job description provided by the employer.
Cleaner Skills and Qualifications for Resume
- Highly skilled in cleaning and emptying waste containers, and eliminating debris from the premises to designated area.
- Thorough understanding of using different tools and chemicals used in the cleaning process.
- Able to use detergents and chemicals carefully.
- Competent at vacuuming rugs and carpeted areas.
- Hands-on experience in emptying and cleaning ashtray and screening sand urns.
- Proven record of sweeping and dusting floors and entrance areas
- Ability to hand dust and wipe clean all furnishings, fixtures, panels, window sills, and horizontal surfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to wash, clean, and sterilize all water coolers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of damping mop spillage.
- Well-versed in dusting the external surfaces of lighting fixtures.
- Knowledge of wipe cleaning and polishing all metal hardware fixtures.
- Known to follow all cleaning schedules and policies established by the employer.
- Special talent for maintaining a supply inventory.
- Committed to maintaining a strong relationship with clients and coworkers.
Sample Soft Skills for Cleaner Resume
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Dedicated and careful
- High level of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a physically demanding environment
- Works well with others
- Comfortable being around pets
- Adaptable to change
- Friendly and trustworthy disposition
- Current driver’s license
- Bilingual: English and Spanish