Cleaning skills can be as significant as professional experiences for hiring managers. In order to make a skills section of a cleaner resume, you will need to:
1. List your relevant jobs and professional activities performed in the past.
2. Think about the transferable skills that you have developed from experiences.
3. Group these skills into qualifications, strengths, or special skills section of your resume.
4. Arrange skills statements in order of importance as required by the employer.
The following are some sample hard skills statements for a cleaner resume. Feel free to use some of these statements in the skills, strengths, abilities, or qualifications section of your resume.
Tip: Select the most relevant statements as given in the cleaner job description.
Cleaner Skills / Strengths / Qualifications for Resume
• Highly skilled in cleaning and emptying waste containers, and eliminating debris from the premises to designated area.
• Thorough understanding of using different tools and chemicals used in the cleaning process.
• Able to use detergents and chemicals carefully.
• Competent at vacuuming rugs and carpeted areas.
• Hands-on experience in emptying and cleaning ashtray and screening sand urns.
• Proven record of sweeping and dusting floors and entrance areas
• Able to hand dust and wipe clean all furnishings, fixtures, panels, window sills, and horizontal surfaces.
• Demonstrated ability to wash, clean, and sterilize all water coolers.
• Comprehensive knowledge of damping mop spillage.
• Well-versed in dusting the external surfaces of lighting fixtures.
• Knowledge of wipe cleaning and polishing all metal hardware fixtures.
• Known to follow all cleaning schedules and policies established by the employer.
• Special talent for maintaining a supply inventory.
• Committed to maintaining a strong relationship with clients and coworkers.
Sample Soft Skills for Cleaner Resume
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Dedicated and careful
- High level of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a physically demanding environment
- Works well with others
- Comfortable being around pets
- Adaptable to change
- Friendly and trustworthy disposition
- Current driver’s license
- Bilingual: English and Spanish