Cover letters have become an indispensable tool used in successful job hunt. Since the position of an apartment cleaner is skills based, your cover letter should be built around your skills and related capabilities.
However, keep in mind that the purpose of this document is to create a connection with the position. You don’t have to enlist all your skills in the cover letter; the resume is doing that for you. What you need to do is to mention a few skills you possess and demonstrate how the same would be beneficial for the position in question.
Main demands of an apartment cleaning position include familiarity with vacuum cleaners, willingness to dispose off trash, light preventive maintenance, knowledge of safety procedures to be followed while using cleaning chemicals and the like. Make sure the employer sees some of these highlights in the cover letter so they can instantly find a match between their needs and your qualifications.
876 Salt Sq, Bloomington, IL 78454
Cellular: (005) 333-5555 | Home: (006) 333-7777
neil . jason @ email . com
June 15, 2017
Mr. Gregory Luther
890 Tulip Apartments
Bloomington, IL 78454
Dear Mr. Luther:
As an active and energetic apartment cleaner who is proficient in all kinds of apartmrnt cleaning tasks, I am applying for Apartment Cleaner position at Tulip Apartments. With 6 years’ hands-on experience in cleaning, maintenance and housekeeping, I will be a great addition to your housekeeping team.
Some of my key competecies you may find relevant include:
• Familiar with modern cleaning techniques using power and hand tools
• Track record of keeping the assigned area neat and tidy
• Exceptional skills in tile cleaning and furniture polishing
• Ability to read and follow instructions regarding chemical cleaners
• Customer service-oriented attitude with ability to respond politely and promptly to the customer’s calls and demands
• Well versed with environment friendly trash disposal techniques
• Team player, works collaboratively to provide clients with best housekeeping
I’d welcome an opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss my cleaning and housekeeping skills in relation to your needs.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.