There are many factors to consider when building a resume for a head cashier position. In order to succeed, you need to decide the format that suits you most.
You may select a functional/skills format if you are less experienced and a chronological format if you have extensive experience in cashiering field.
Once the format is decided, make a list of your competencies and skills.
Gathering some background information regarding the prospective firm and reading the advertisement twice or thrice thoroughly can be very helpful in determining your core skills.
Build the head cashier resume in a manner that complements the job description issued by the employer.
When it comes to the experience section, go for an achievement-oriented approach. Show what you can do instead of stating what you can do.
Related: Head Cashier Cover Letter Sample
Head Cashier Resume Example
504 East Shore, Irvine, CA 76444
Highly-determined professional with 6+ years of experience in cashiering and customer service arena. Exceptionally skilled in cash register management, conducting meetings, and overseeing transactions on cash counters.
- Substantial knowledge of ISO standards
- Competent at scheduling cashiers’ shift and managing break times
- Well versed in vigilantly avoiding fraudulent returns, internal theft and unauthorized discounting
- Adept at register balancing
• Customer Service
• Returns Desk Handling
• Front Line Registers
• Loss Prevention
• Decision Making
• Price Tag / UPC
• POS Register
• Equipment Handling
• Store Information System
• Reviewed point of sale transactions and brought the same in compliance with the store’s policy during the first month of work
• Managed cashier shifts intelligently to ensure the presence of at least two cashiers on the tills at all times, leading to a considerable decrease in customer’s complaints regarding lack of staff on counters
• Implemented effective loss prevention techniques which saved $50000 per year
Sprouts, Irvine, CA | 2010 – Present
• Oversee the work of employees on all cash counters
• Develop, plan and communicate daily tasks to ensure completion by the time of closing
• Hold cash tills and keys when cashiers are on break
• Monitor check-out stations to ensure the availability of cash
• Analyze multiple review transactions for approval
Barnes & Noble, Irvine, CA | 2007 – 2010
• Proactively managed front end activities
• Received cash, accepted credit cards, and processed customer transactions
• Confirmed prices of various items by effectively interpreting the UPS of the product
• Guided customers regarding alternate payment options
CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Irvine, CA – 2007
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Computer: MS Word and Excel