For an entry-level position that you apply for, a resume objective is necessary. Why, you ask?
Look at it this way – a resume objective is an excellent way of introducing yourself to a prospective employer by charting out your skills and qualifications for a job. This is precisely what a summary of qualifications does too!
However, you should not experiment with professional summaries if you lack experience in a particular area as they need to be more detailed than your average resume objective.
Take the example of a cashier preparing his resume for an entry-level job.
Their primary aim in writing an objective is to come across as someone who may be inexperienced but is perfect for the job nonetheless. Portraying this is not particularly difficult. If you have it in you, you can flaunt it in a resume objective.
Working in a supermarket or a retail store is full of responsibilities, especially if you are a cashier. You have to work quickly and make sure that you are punching in prices accurately.
It is the job of a well-trained multitasker who can handle some degree of mental mathematics. Think of the traits that one must have if one wants to work as a cashier.
Alertness, trustworthiness, customer services, and a dozen other things come to mind. All these (and more) can be used to write the perfect resume objective. Look below to find out how!
Sample Objectives for Entry Level Cashier Resume
• Looking for a position as a Cashier with K-Mart using exceptional knowledge of using cash registers, along with deep customer service insight. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Seeking a Cashier position at Target. Deep knowhow of processing sales and service transactions, along with dealing with customers’ inquiries and complaints. Special talent for cash handling and cash drawer balancing.
• Desire a position as a Cashier at Floor and Décor. Offers skills in maintaining records of all transactions, monitoring inventory, and issuing refunds and exchanges, by keeping delivery of excellent customer services in mind.
• To obtain a position as a Cashier with BayCare Products, by employing well-developed knowledge of operating modern POS and cash registers. Eager to apply exceptional customer service skills coupled with well-placed knowledge of handling returns and exchanges.
• To work as a Cashier for Enstar Gas Appliances. Offering knowledge of using scanners, reading barcodes, and handling cash register machines with accuracy.
• Looking for a Cashier position with Compass Marts employing technical knowledge of operating, maintaining and balancing cash registers, with the aim of conforming to company standards.