Writing a cashier assistant resume comes with a lot of difficulty at times.
When you are in the process of creating one, you must always think about the benefits that you can provide to an employer, so that he can easily decide that you are THE one for his company.
This is what the following resume sample does:
56 Williams Road | Williams, IN 98021
(000) 542-5421 | Jason.smith @ email . com
Extremely organized and dependable Cashier Assistant with a successful track record of providing assistance with cashiering services in both retail and commercial settings. Skilled in maintaining a net cash register area, focusing especially on customer satisfaction and repeat business. Known to perform cashiering services in accordance with established protocols.
Detail-oriented, effectively handles customer’s queries and complaints regarding provision of cashiering services. Works well collaboratively under pressure. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
|POS Management||Returns Processing||Drawer Balancing|
|Complaint Handling||Reconciliation||Petty Cash Handling|
|Credit Control||Bank Deposits||Transactions Recording|
|Reports Preparation||Sales Assistance||Visual Merchandising|
• Proved to be invaluable in a visual merchandising project, by providing deep insight and assistance in setting up displays.
• Successfully retained a particularly irate corporate customer by providing him with special services and discounts.
• Reconciled a particularly difficult to settle entry that was in a state of limbo for over 5 months.
• Successfully managed the POS system for 3 months in the absence of the main cashier.
The Retail Company, Williams, IN | 2011 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the cash counter and assist them in placing their purchases on the counter
• Scan each item to ensure that it is punched into the system for processing
• Accept and check payment modes such as cash and credit and debit cards
• Ascertain that change and receipts are tendered to the customer at the close of each transaction
• Bag and pack customers’ purchases and make arrangements for them to be delivered to their vehicles
• Assist in balancing assigned cash drawers and ensure that all reconciliations are properly made
• Provide customers with information on special promotions and discounts and how to avail them
• Assist in handling customer assistance and stocking work during rush hours and holiday seasons
Macy’s, William, IN | 2006 – 2011
• Coordinated backend and frontend efforts to ensure delivery of stock items to the retail space
• Stocked items on shelves according to instructions provided by the management
• Ascertained the cleanliness and maintenance of shelves and other customer areas
• Provided management with information of low stock conditions in a bid to ensure immediate delivery
• Assisted customers by providing them with information on required items, and leading them through payment procedures
High School Diploma
William High School, William, IN | 2005