If you want your nursery caregiver resume to be sorted into the “to be interviewed” pile, make sure that it speaks to the hiring manager on many levels.
A complete resume for the nursery caregiver position is one that is strong in language and possesses exceptional insight into what the candidate is worth.
Here is an example of one such resume:
Nursery Caregiver Resume Example
41 66th Avenue
Queens Village, NY 95252
wilmamason @ email . com
Flexible and disciplined – the perfect childcare professional.
Nurturing and friendly caregiver with over 10 years of experience in providing hands-on care to toddlers and infants in church and independent nursery settings. Highly skilled in handling children with special needs, and ensuring their safety and well-being at all times. Able to maintain a safe, orderly, and loving nursery atmosphere while ensuring that children’s personal and emotional needs are met.
✓ Special Needs Care
✓ Child Growth and Development
✓ Meal Preparation and Serving
✓ Early Childhood Principles
✓ Emergency Handling
✓ Behavior Management
• Singlehandedly managed 12 toddlers and 3 infants (in the event of the other caregiver’s absenteeism) during a 5-hour church service.
• Trained 6 caregivers in areas such as child growth and development and emergency handling, as part of their training process.
• Increased the safety of the nursery environment by replacing old toys that have been used for over 4 years, with new, safer ones.
• Developed a basic meal plan for each age group, which could easily be modified for individual meals.
United Church, Queens Village, NY
6/2017 – Present
• Engage parents and guardians in conversation to determine their children’s specific interests and habits
• Perform ice-breaking activities with children by talking to them to determine their specific likes and dislikes
• Engage children in activities of learning and play to keep them occupied during their time at the nursery
• Feed children according to their specific feeding times, ensuring that they finish their meals
• Assist children with basic personal needs such as washing and toileting and changing babies’ diapers as required
• Oversee children’s behavior within the nursery and intervene during instances of bad behavior
• Create and implement rules to be followed by children within the nursery and ensure that these are communicated to the parents
• Ensure the overall cleanliness and safety of the nursery environment to ensure children’s safety and wellbeing
Nannies for Hire, Queens Village, NY
2015 – 2017
• Provided assistance to parents by looking after their children while they were away at work
• Assisted children with dressing, washing, toileting, and grooming and taught them how to handle their personal needs themselves
• Prepared nutritious meals for children according to the instructions provided by parents
• Engaged children in activities to ensure their physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development
• Maintained a safe environment for children to thrive in
High School Diploma
Queens Village High School, Queens Village, NY | 2003