Your first and perhaps only chance to make a positive impression on an employer is through the resume.
Get your facts straight first. Make sure that you are actually eligible for the position that you want to apply for.
Once eligibility is established, you can begin writing your resume along the lines of the following sample:
Home Health Caregiver Resume Example
Amanda Parker, CNA
33 Lively Road
Maryville, TN 44774
amand.park @email .com
HOME HEALTH CAREGIVER
A compassionate and kind individual with a solid track record of providing home health care to over 50 patients in their homes within the last 5 years. Effectively monitors patients’ conditions by observing their mental and physical health and ensuring their comfort and wellbeing. A hardworking individual who is skilled in providing personal hygiene care in addition to housekeeping and laundry.
– Counseling Services – Nutrition Support
– Personal Hygiene – Housekeeping
– Patient Monitoring – Medicine Administration
– Positioning/Alignment – Range of Motion Exercising
– Ambulation Support – Vitals Monitoring
– Therapeutic Services – Records Management
• Rehabilitated a 10-year-old child who had been through a severe accident, by providing her with constant round-the-clock care, within 3 months of being assigned to her.
• Successfully stopped an elderly patient with dementia from taking his life, by counseling him through the darkest time of his life.
• Created and implemented an exercise program based on the “range of motion” directive, to meet the daily needs of geriatric patients.
• Developed a series of nutritional plans for patients housebound due to chronic illnesses.
Home Health Caregiver
Caregivers Inc., Maryville, TN
2/2017 – Present
• Extensively go through each assigned patient’s medical history to determine illnesses and conditions
• Assist patients with personal grooming, including bathing, washing, and toileting activities
• Prepare nutritious food, in accordance with patients’ individual and specific nutritional requirements
• Provide housekeeping and laundry support in addition to assisting with household errands such as paying bills and grocery shopping
• Take and record patients’ vitals and ensure that any cause for concern is communicated to the family
• Provide counseling by posing as a confidante and listening to patients’ concerns and worries
Home Health Caregiver
AA Agency, Maryville, TN
7/2012 – 2/2017
• Maintained a safe and comfortable environment for patients to ensure their physical safety and mental peace
• Helped and instructed family members in care for patients by teaching the appropriate ways to lift, turn and reposition patients
• Ensured that patients’ surroundings are kept clean and safe for them
• Created and implemented a wide range of motion exercises and assist patients in carrying them out
• Assisted clients with therapeutic services such as massages and physical therapy
Senior Care Complex, Maryville, TN
11/2019 – 7/201
• Assisted patients with daily personal tasks such as grooming, bathing, toileting and washing
• Recorded patient’s vitals such as temperature, blood pressure and pulse on a regular basis
• Assisted patients with self-administration of medication and provided support with IVs and IMs
• Turned and repositioned patients to ward off chances of bedsores and ensured that beds were properly made
Tennessee State Certified Nursing Assistant
Diploma in Senior Care – 2000
Community College, Maryville, TN