It is one of the most challenging tasks to work as a direct care provider, which is why it is equally difficult to convince a hiring manager to give you a chance.
When writing a Direct Care Provider resume, you must provide information about your knowledge of working with chronically ill patients or those with disabilities.
Your direct care skills must also be highlighted.
If you have any past achievements that you possess in this arena, do mention them in your resume.
Make your resume for a direct care provider position as profound as possible.
Direct Care Provider Resume Sample
174 Kent Road, Oakland, CA 46121
DIRECT CARE PROVIDER
Highly talented direct care provider, with 8+ years of experience in providing care to patients with chronic illnesses and disabilities. Effectively able to provide physical, as well as emotional assistance.
• Implemented a unique therapy program, as a result, rehabilitated 15 patients 30 days before the scheduled time
• Introduced a patient education program, hence, achieved great success in making patients and families understand limitations
• Devised an emergency response system, thereby, decreased chances of problems associated with slow response
• Successfully implemented a diet management system, replacing the old, inefficient one
– Geriatric Patient Handling
– Disability Assistance
Direct Care Provider
Mosaic Care, Oakland, CA | 2015-Present
• Engage patients in conversation in order to determine their specific personalities
• Check patients’ charts to figure out their illnesses and medication information
• Provide one on one care to patients in terms of personal care
• Always ensure patients’ safety and wellbeing
• Assist with physical therapy and rehabilitation tasks
• Prepare meals according to set diet and nutrition plans
• Ensure that patients eat and sleep at designated times
• Administer medication in sync with set care plans
• Provide feedback to doctors and patients’ family members
• Create and maintain patients’ records and ensure that they are kept confidential
Direct Care Worker
Kent People Services, Oakland, CA | 2010-2015
• Assisted patients with person tasks such as bathing, toileting, and grooming
• Provided emotional and physical care in accordance with set plans
• Helped with exercises in order to keep patients healthy and active
• Assisted with mobility, and accompanied patients to appointments and social events
• Ran errands such as grocery shopping and bills payment
High School Diploma
Oakland High School, Oakland, CA – 2009