Your expertise and experience as a direct care assistant must be highlighted in the form of a resume.
That’s why it is imperative for you to ensure that your Direct Care Assistant Resume document is excellently written.
Researching what you will have to do in this role is most important.
Equally important is to be able to intelligently place this information into a resume format.
It is imperative to know that a resume is a comprehensive document, which must be complete from all ends.
To see how you can write a comprehensive resume for a direct care assistant position, take a look at the following sample:
See also: Direct Care Assistant Cover Letter
Direct Care Assistant Resume Example
87 Teal Road, Jersey City, NJ 97021
DIRECT CARE ASSISTANT
Compassionate, kind, and highly competent individual, boasting excellent skills in following care plans in order to assist patients with their daily lives. Unmatched ability to provide assistance with personal needs, and counsel patients in order to ensure emotional wellbeing.
• Successfully rehabilitated 25 patients, by effectively implementing care and rehabilitation programs.
• Introduced the concept of independence education, as a result, increased patients’ ability to cope with their situations.
• Devised a mobility assistance program, deemed 50% more accurate than the one already in place.
• Trained 30 direct care assistants, as part of their induction program.
• Disability Assistance
• Personal Care
• Meal Preparation
• Independence Education
• Errand Running
• Activities Organization
• Housekeeping Assistance
• Treatment Plans Implementation
• Mobility Assistance
• Report Writing
• Emergency Handling
Direct Care Assistant
Community Health Center, Jersey City, NJ | 2017-present
• Check assigned patients’ care plans in order to determine backgrounds and care strategies
• Assist patients with personal tasks such as toileting, grooming, and bathing
• Prepare meals in accordance with set dietary requirements, and ensure patients partake their food on time
• Administer medication on time, in accordance with care plan
• Assist with mobility and rehabilitation tasks
• Oversee patients’ conditions in order to ensure their safety and wellbeing
• Run errands such as grocery shopping and bill paying
• Meet with family members so as to discuss and understand patients’ needs
• Create logs of patients’ conditions for the benefit of healthcare professionals
Direct Care Worker
Sava Senior Care, Jersey City, NJ | 2014-2017
• Assisted elderly patients with personal tasks, while maintaining their dignity
• Handled meal preparation work, in accordance with patients’ dietary requirements
• Provided mobility assistance, and helped turn patients in their beds
• Counseled patients going through emotional crises
• Created food and water intake and output logs
Graduated in 2013
St. Roger’s High School, Jersey City, NJ
- Direct Care Applications
- MS Word and Excel
- Internet, Email and Social Media