To write a resume for cameraman position, you need to choose a format that best suits your profile. Following are some considerations to be kept in mind when writing your resume:
• Be concise and very specific
• Entry level/career changers should write a career objective, experienced candidates think about the profile
• Summarize your accomplishments instead of duties
• Focus on employer-centered skills and competencies
• Do not forget to include an education section
• Make sure your contact information is up to date
• Accompany your resume with a cameraman cover letter whenever possible
• Check the resume for errors and also ask a friend to double check
Here is a cameraman resume sample for your guidance.
Cameraman Resume Example
322 N 6th Lane, Los Angeles, CA 78222
Perceptive and versatile filming professional serving as a cameraman for past 11 years. Proven record of working under pressure and meeting deadlines. Working knowledge of modern HD video cameras. Adept at Adobe Premier Editing System. Possess personal equipment and camera.
|• Studio Camera Operations||• Anchor Countdown||• Control Room Management|
|• ENG Style Shooting||• Studio Set Maintenance||• Remote Production|
|• Lighting Arrangement||• Broll Capturing||• Image Synchronization|
|• Image/Video Editing||• Audio Recording||• Live News Filming|
• Covered a 5 hours emergency transmission efficiently
• Edited videotapes for successful delivery of 20 episodes of a nature show
• Enhanced video quality by 30% by utilizing effective color capturing techniques
• Reduced reel and other costs by implementing cost-effective digital camera techniques
BTH Media Group, Los Angeles, CA | 2010-Present
• Perform basic cameraman tasks, principles, and duties
• Assemble and set up shooting equipment and carry out rehearsal scenes.
• Frame and capture actions creatively while following camera scripts.
• Liaise with lighting and technical team to resolve any issues related to the camera, video audio recording, and lighting.
• Utilize exceptional communication skills to collaborate with the shooting team
Share Productions, Los Angeles, CA | 2007-2010
• Relayed information between anchor and control rooms and assisted the cameraman in shooting live and recorded clips.
• Set up and packed up videography equipment.
• Provided feedback on light and colors and adjusted the same as needed. Carried out video editing to finalize the shoot.
INSTITUTE OF MEDIA STUDIES, Los Angeles, CA
Associate of Arts in Videography