To write a resume for cameraman position, you need to choose a format that best suits your profile. Following are some considerations to be kept in mind when writing your resume:
• Be concise and very specific
• Entry level / career changers should write a career objective, experienced candidates think about profile
• Summarize your accomplishments instead of duties
• Focus on employer centered skills and competencies
• Do not forget to include an education section
• Make sure your contact information is up to date
• Accompany your resume with a cameraman cover letter whenever possible
• Check the resume for errors and also ask a friend to double check
Here is a cameraman resume sample for your guidance.
Cameraman Resume Sample
322 N 6th Lane ● Los Angeles, CA 78222 ● (006) 666-5555 ● martin @ email . com
Professional Profile: Perceptive and versatile filming professional serving as cameraman for past 7 years. Proven record of working under pressure and meeting deadlines. Working knowledge of modern HD video cameras. Adept at Adobe Premier Editing System.
|Studio Camera Operations||Anchor Countdown||Control Room Management|
|ENG Style Shooting||Studio Set Maintenance||Remote Production Functions|
|Lighting Arrangement||Broll Capturing||Sound/Image Synchronization|
|Image/Video Editing||Audio Recording||Live And Taped News Filming|
✔ Covered a 5 hours emergency transmission efficiently
✔ Edited video tapes for successful delivery of 20 episodes of a nature show
✔ Enhanced video quality by 30% by utilizing effective color capturing techniques
✔ Reduced reel and other costs by implementing cost effective digital camera techniques
Studio Cameraman | BTH Media Group, Los Angeles, CA | May 2010 – Present
Assemble and set up shooting equipment and carryout rehearsal scenes. Frame and capture actions creatively while following camera scripts. Liaise with lighting and technical team to resolve any issues related to camera, video audio recording and lighting.
Videographer | Share Productions, Los Angeles, CA | August 2007 – April 2010
Relayed information between anchor and control rooms and assisted the cameraman in shooting live and recorded clips. Set up and packed up videography equipment. Provided feedback on light and colors and adjusted the same as needed. Carried out video editing to finalize the shoot.
INSTITUTE OF MEDIA STUDIES, Los Angeles, CA, 2007
Associate of Arts in Videography
• Possess personal equipment and camera
• Familiar with basic cameraman tasks, principles and duties
• Remarkable communication skills with exceptional ability to collaborate with the shooting team
Last updated on