Care assistants usually work in a hospital setting where they are responsible for assisting the doctors and the nursing staff with providing the best patient care.
They work under the supervision of a charge nurse and are expected to report any changes in patients’ conditions and for any work that they may not be able to perform themselves.
Care assistants are required to possess some medical background or interest so that they can work in a healthcare environment efficiently.
The following is a sample resume for a care assistant with no experience in hand applying for a first job.
Care Assistant Resume No Experience
10 Creek Dr, Cape May, NJ 88899
Active team player with the ability to work on own initiative
Compassionate Care Assistant, seeking a position utilizing knowledge of providing the best support services to the residents and patients.
• 3 months’ volunteer experience as a personal care aide
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm for continuous patient care
• Strong desire to enrich the life of someone
• Basic computer knowledge. Skilled in Microsoft Windows applications
CERTIFICATION & TRAINING
First Aid & BLS Certified
Nurse Aide training
Current Drivers’ license in good standing
• Well versed in providing personal care and hygiene service; such as bedpan using, bathing, mouth care, ambulation, eating, dressing and shaving
• Adept at running errands and taking appointments
• Special talent for assisting patients with mobility issues
Comfort Keepers – Cape May, NJ | Summer 2017
Volunteer Personal Care Attendant
• Assisted clients with activities of Daily Living; bathing, oral care, skin care, shampoo, dressing/undressing, help to the bathroom or to use commode, bedpan, or urinal.
• Helped with transfer activities, and ambulation
• Supported in prescribed exercises
• Prepared nutritious meals
• Performed household services
Cape May High School, Cape May, NJ – 2015
High School Diploma
• Sound medical knowledge
• Excellent manners and communication skills
• Exceptional ability to stay calm in adverse situations
• Self-motivated and highly organized
• Strong interpersonal skills
Last updated on