Bartenders mix and serve drinks, food and beverages in keeping with the procedures and guidelines provided by the employer. They are expected to provide extraordinary service to guests by following all security regulations and policies.
Bartender Cover Letter Tips
• Do not write any negative or passive words, for instance; ‘I think’, ‘although’ , ‘however’ alike.
• Highlight your bartending qualifications. Mention the creative ideas and benefits you would bring to the prospective organization.
• Make bullet statements about your special skills and abilities, and expand the information concisely by giving relevant examples.
• Close your letter using a proactive approach by mentioning your follow-up actions and asking for an interview date.
Look at the following examples to make an effective cover letter for bartender resume.
Bartender Cover Letter Sample 1
51 Example Ave ● Pittsburgh, PA 65222 ● sally @ email . com ● (000) 252-0987
January 18, 2017
Ms. Alina Jones
Senior Manager HR
McCormick & Schmick’s
524 Some West Street
Pittsburgh, PA 61213
Dear Ms. Jones:
Strong communication and customer service skills, high degree of enthusiasm, decision making and ability to work independently. These are some of the many traits I would like to bring to McCormick & Schmick’s in the capacity of a Bartender. As a passionate Bartender with current TIPS Certification and extensive experience in hospitality industry, I am eager to leverage my bartending knowledge, skills and experience to contribute to your bottom-line.
Based on your job description, following are some highlights of my talents which uniquely qualifies me for bartender position at McCormick & Schmick’s:
• Highly skilled in providing exceptional service to guests by mixing and serving beaverages
• Fully familiar with all beverages and their prices
• Demonstrated ability to display beverages in an attractive manner
• Known to maintain the sanitation and safety standards of bar, equipment and work area
• Adept at charging guests for purchases, entering order into the point of sale system, collecting payments and returning change
Furthermore, the bartending positions I held in the past three years at different bars and hotels have given me numerous opportunities to develop strong ability to manage overall operations of bar.
As an active and resourceful Bartender, I would like to meet with you to further discuss how my qualifications complement your needs. I will call you next week to follow-up and hopefully arrange an interview. In the interim, I can be reached at (000) 252-0987.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Bartender Cover Letter Sample 2 (Email Version)
Email Subject: Self-motivated Bartender
Dear Mr. Mines:
• Are you looking for a results-driven, confident bartender who is committed to exceptional customer service?
• Is your bar needs to boost profits through a significant increase in returning patrons?
If yes, look no further.
I have a vast experience in mixing and serving beverages as well as dealing with people of different backgrounds. Utilizing my strong communication and hospitality skills, I’d be able to increase the revenue of your bar to a new level.
Delivering high quality customer service and bringing exceptional results is my specialty. I enjoy bartending immensely as it gives my flare for creativity. While I am a team player and can work efficiently with other bartenders and servers, I am also able to work alone and have the capacity of multitasking to handle rush hours effectively.
My core competencies include:
• Able to handle angry guests while maintaining order of bar
• Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance with state rules and regulations
• Talented in prioritizing tasks within the bar
• Adept at mixing and presenting drinks, maintaining inventory and handling cash
I’d like meet with you in an interview to discuss my traits which would bring your bar to the new heights of success. I can be reached at (099) 141-7474.
Thank you very much for your consideration.