All of us like getting personalized services especially where financial services are concerned.
Relationship Bankers are responsible for providing clients with dedicated services regarding their accounts and assisting them with any problems they may be facing.
They are usually the only contact clients have with their banks, and it is essential for them to be very professional and extremely customer service-oriented.
A relationship banker does everything from selling financial services to updating clients’ accounts
He or she will spend a considerable amount of his or her time on the telephone, helping clients and providing them with needed information.
They are usually provided with a monthly target that they need to fulfill and are expected to work hard towards achieving it.
Typically, a charismatic personality and a penchant for providing exceptional customer services is all that you need to be eligible for this position.
However, employers do require that the relationship bankers who they hire possess a high school diploma or a GED at the very least.
People with a bachelor’s degree in finance or business may have better chances of employment as personal bankers.
See also: Relationship Banker Resume
Relationship Banker Job Description for Resume
• Greet clients as they arrive at the bank and engage in small talk to make them comfortable.
• Assist clients with their queries by providing account information such as credit balance or any prevailing debits.
• Maintain knowledge of clients’ accounts and ensure that correct information is provided.
• Receive checks or drafts from clients and fill out deposit forms.
• Ensure that information on deposit forms is correct by asking clients to recheck it.
• Deposit checks and drafts and provide clients with receipts.
• Process transactions in an accurate manner and ensure that each transaction conforms to the bank’s policies and procedures.
• Open new accounts by following designated procedures; take new client information and ensure that it is correctly processed.
• Identify and manage risks in clients’ accounts and ensure that clients are knowledgeable of all transactions being made in their accounts.
• Seek and manipulate opportunities to accurately and efficiently enhance relationships with clients by providing them with additional solutions of value.
• Ensure client retention by handling their clients’ in a proactive and professional manner.
• Make sure that designated targets are met or exceeded.
• Examine received cash carefully to ensure that no counterfeit are received.
• Enter all transactions into the bank’s database and ensure the accuracy of each record.
• Prepare money orders and drafts and handle cash advances.
• Cross-sell the bank’s services and process payouts.