The competition in the present day’s job market is very tough. Therefore, the employer scans a baker resume for less than a minute before categorizing it as fit or unfit. In such a scenario, a job seeker needs an exceptionally written resume to get noticed.
Baker Resume Writing Tips
Below are three tips on how to make your baker resume more effective:
1. Focus on your skills
Although qualifications are also a significant factor in getting a suitable job, presenting your baking skills is equally important.
2. Write in a compelling manner
A resume for a baker position needs to be pleasing to the reader’s eyes. Make sure you format it nicely, select an appealing yet readable font, and leave ample white spaces.
3. Use Keywords
Including the right keywords in your resume is the secret of effective resume writing. Most companies use online software to shortlist their candidates. Therefore, make sure your resume has plenty of industry-specific keywords.
Below are 2+ baker resume samples for your guidance.
See also: Baker Cover Letter Sample
Baker Resume Example 1
655 Yale Ave, Springfield, MO 54933
Highly-dedicated and creative baker with a verifiable track record of creating and rolling unique and delicious bread, cakes, and other bakery items. An outgoing team player who has proven communication and coordination skills. Adept at making mathematical calculations and determining the exact quantity of ingredients required per recipe. Working knowledge of hygiene standards applicable in commercial kitchens.
CORE BAKING COMPETENCIES
• Molding • Hand Scaling
• Glazing • Bread Baking
• Food Hygiene • Continental Breads
• Merchandising • Cake Decoration
• Equipment Handling • Recipe Development
• Food Storage • Dough Rolling
• Introduced a chocolate chip cookie recipe that increased cookie sales by 60%.
• Improvised the traditional continental bread recipe to add three variations in it, leading to 80% enhancement in customer satisfaction level.
• Baked and decorated 50+ unique wedding cakes designed to order for a leading event management firm.
MAMA’S BAKERY, Springfield, MO | 2013 – Present
• Bake fresh batches of bread throughout the day as per requirement.
• Mix, weigh, proof, bake, and design cakes and cookies.
• Select and set a unique recipe of the week to upsell business.
• Create a positive and pleasant attitude towards customers.
• Provide customers with bakery products information.
• Load and unload ovens while maintaining the proper temperatures and duration.
SUSIE CAKES, Springfield, MO | 2011 – 2013
• Assisted in implementing HACCP kitchen hygiene standards.
• Stored leftover food and raw material in a safe manner.
• Mixed, rolled and molded bread and biscuits as per given recipes.
• Scaled cakes, sweet rolls, bread, and cookies.
• Assisted bakers in the ordering of bakery supplies.
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts
CITY TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Springfield, MO – 2011
Baker Resume Sample 2
890 W, 13th Street, Anderson, IN 55633
★ BAKER ★
Artistic flair with a genuine love of baking
• Over 14 years’ experience in fast-paced and busy bakery settings.
• Expert in baking cakes, rolls, bread, pies, and other specialty items.
• In-depth knowledge of setting oven temperatures according to the item that needs to be baked.
• Keen understanding of using baking equipment such as slicers, mixers, wrappers, and glazers.
• Adept at managing icings and decorating cakes in many visually pleasing manners.
PROFESSIONAL BAKING EXPERIENCE
Tempting Delights, Anderson, IN | Mar 2008 – Present
• Bake menu items in accordance with set recipes
• Make specialty bread, cakes, and cupcakes
• Ensure quality maintenance by following procedures and policies
• Prepare dough using baking equipment
• Ensure the correct quantity of mixtures
• Measure ingredients appropriately
• Cut dough into consistent portions
• Place dough in pans and place pans in the oven
• Ensure consistent oven temperature
• Remove baked goods and place on a cooling rack
• Decorate baked goods
• Ensure that raw materials are available at all times
• Manage inventory of supplies
• Introduced a new line of fondant bakery items thereby increasing customer interest
• Developed a bakery inventory system that automatically checks for near expiry items for easy disposal
Starry Lane Bakery, Santee, CA | Dec 2004 – Mar 2008
• Assisted in food preparation activities
• Ensured quantity and quality of dough before baking
• Tracked time in the oven to ensure that items do not remain under-baked or over-baked
• Cleaned and maintained baking equipment and utensils
• Sanitized kitchen counters floors
• Ensured appropriate inventory management
• Assisted bakers in managing cake decorations
• Received Employee of the Quarter award due to excellence in following bakery procedures to the tee
• Reined in a rollercoaster baking project for the World’s Largest Cake contest
Santee High School, Santee, CA – 1998
• Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service
• Outstanding work ethic
• Ability to continually improve work performance
• Flexible and adaptable to new tasks and schedules