A babysitter or nanny provides care to children at the employer’s home or child care facility. She performs all tasks associated with the care of the children; maintains a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment in which the children can succeed and develop intellectually.
In order to write a great resume for the babysitter or nanny position, you will need to show that you have a thorough understanding of the needs of children as well as possess the great stamina to work continually.
You should demonstrate adequate knowledge of how to conduct proper childcare mainly if you are applying for a job that needs handling toddlers and infants.
Babysitter and Nanny Resume Sample
548 Rose Street, Houston, TX 05897
sara @ email . com
BABYSITTER / NANNY
Fun and friendly childcare professional with 9+ years’ extensive experience in nurturing children from ages 2 months to 10 years. Demonstrated ability to create, organize, and plan different kinds of childcare activities such as arts and crafts, and trips to the parks and library.
Innovative and creative; able to introduce new ideas and techniques of learning. Competent at preparing delicious and nutritious food for children and family.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Outstanding communication and judgment skills
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Stress tolerance and a high level of energy
• Adaptable and flexible
• Able to multi-task
• Emotionally mature to deal with children
AAA Childcare Agency – Houston, TX
2013 – Present
• Transported children to and from school.
• Help children with schoolwork.
• Organize activities for children.
• Prepare meals for children and families.
• Shop groceries for the family and run errands.
• Help children get dressed.
• Administer meals and clean the table after eating.
• Perform light housekeeping tasks.
Private Capacity – Houston, TX
2009 – 2013
• Prepared formulas for babies.
• Changed diapers for babies.
• Washed and ironed children’s clothes.
• Planned and prepared meals and snacks for the children.
• Bathed babies and supervised baths for older children.
• Dressed children suitable for the child’s activities.
Training in Childcare and Development
First Aid and CPR – Current
G.E.D | City High School, Houston, TX
Current Texas driver’s license and perfect driving record.
“I always take the initiative to perform my duties. I love cooking and enjoy playing with children.”