Writing a resume for a position in finance is a daunting job as retaining the interest of the reader intact is very difficult. Some employers may find your skills boring which is why you will need to write them in a manner that hold’s the reader’s interest.
Tax associates are financial advisors who ensure that a company’s financial documents comply with the state’s tax regulations. This is a critical job as it is imperative for every company to be free of tax litigations and suits. Tax associates work with a company’s reporting systems and ensure that they are in accordance with the laws.
A degree in finance is very important when applying for a position of a Tax Associate. Some background in law will be a plus.
Tax Associate Resume Sample
42 Northstar Lane | Sioux Falls, SD 37370 | (909) 999-9999 | [Email]
Results-oriented tax associate exemplified by a steady increase of responsibility. Keen analytic and problem-solving skills. Professional and motivated individual with 8+ years of hands-on experience in financial and budget administration. In-depth knowledge reconciliation procedures and deferred balance sheets management.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|• Tax Planning||• Report Preparation||• Data interpretation|
|• Audit Software||• Project management||• Multitasking|
Gartner, Sioux Falls, SD 2013-present
• Support tax consultants in managing matters pertaining to tax
• Assist customers in managing and answering their questions about tax
• Provide recommendations on tax issues
• Handle tax documents and statements
• Ensure the company’s compliance with tax regulations and policies
• Manage the tax database by performing regular updates
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Master of Science in Accounting
Sound Dakota State University, Sioux Falls, SD – 2004
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to compute and manage figures accurately
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Working knowledge of GoSystem