The production world works successfully owing to the many people working towards making production activities successful.
An important position within the production world is that of a production associate who performs duties such as operating production line tools and equipment.
He ensures that all the materials and equipment used in production work is handled properly, especially at the beginning of a shift or between changeovers.
A major part of a production associate job is to ensure quality control – the amount and type of materials used and the finished product is of the utmost importance where production is concerned and it is the duty of a production associate to ensure that this is done properly.
Production associates report to production managers on a daily basis.
They are required to create and submit reports of the production work managed within a workday and are also responsible for completing daily production logs for record purposes.
Besides, they communicate with production staff to provide them with daily work duties and perform supervision activities to ensure that they work according to the protocols detailed in the work orders provided to them.
See also: Production Worker Resume
Production Associate Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that production equipment, tools and machinery are functional at all times.
• Start-up production machinery at the beginning of each shift and ensure proper closing down at the end.
• Perform a variety of tasks aimed at equipment change-over.
• Make specific adjustments to production machinery to ensure quality control and efficiency of production work.
• Ensure that production work is performed by following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and job safety analysis.
• Operate forklifts to maintain material supplies for the production line.
• Perform a series of preventative and general maintenance tasks on production equipment and tools.
• Ensure that work areas are clean and maintained at all times so that the security of production workers is maintained.
• Measure ingredients and products accurately so that optimal levels of production can be met.
• Ensure that end products conform to quality and quantity standards of the company.
• Make sure that 3sufficient supply of ingredients is available for all production lines.
• Coordinate efforts with production and warehouse workers to ensure safe loading of finished products onto forklifts and delivery vehicles.
• Weigh and store finished products and ensure that all pertinent information is recorded in logs.
• Create production reports on a daily basis.