Working at GameStop is many people’s dream job. The good news is that the company hires many people to work as associates, usually in a sales capacity.
If you are an individual who loves gaming, and all things related to it, this will be your dream job!
Usually, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as an associate at Gamestop. Some knowledge of the different services and products that the company provides, including video games, consumer electronics, and wireless services is important if you want to work here.
Mostly, you will be trained on the job to perform the many tasks associated with the work. As an associate, you will be expected to perform an amalgamation of job duties, which may include handling customers’ inquiries and providing them with demonstrations of products and services offered by the company.
Moreover, you will be expected to provide customers with information on available games and consoles, in accordance with their specific likes, and budgets.
To work as a GameStop associate, you need to be an enthusiastic person, who can effectively educate customers about the different types of services and products that the company offers. In addition to this, you will need to be able to handle a wide variety of tasks associated with retail, which may include stocking, upselling, and deal closing.
Some job duties particular to a person working as a GameStop associate include:
GameStop Associate Duties & Responsibilities
• Greet and welcome customers as they arrive at the Gamestop outlet, and inquire into their shopping preferences.
• Lead customers through the store to their desired product, and provide them with detailed information on it.
• Provide customers with information on different game consoles and VR devices, answering their queries and concerns.
• Demonstrate the use of gaming consoles, to heighten customers’ interest in the company’s products.
• Provide information on other products that complement customers’ choice of products, by indulging in upselling activities.
• Assist customers in making decisions to buy products and associated services, by giving them clear overviews of both.
• Lead customers through the payment procedure, ensuring that their purchases are properly packed and handed to them in a safe manner.
• Provide customers with information on return and exchange policies, and how they can obtain after sales services.
• Arrange products properly in the refurbishment center, by following established protocols.
• Communicate low stock situations to the store manager, and ensure that product inventory is replenished in a timely manner.