There is one thing common in all “good” resumes for business office associate.
They are all spot on with what the hiring authority has specified he or she needs in the job description part of their advertisement.
When you keep within the parameters defined by a hiring manager, you help only yourself.
A resume sample governed by this is provided below for your reference.
Business Office Associate Resume Example
4602 Westwood Road | Westlake, LA 70669
Sandra.wright @ email . com
BUSINESS OFFICE ASSOCIATE
9+ years of extensive experience in handling all aspects of a business office, placing special focus on streamlining work processes in busy healthcare establishments. Methodically create patient estimate forms and timely communicate their liabilities.
Organized and disciplined, tactfully obtain insurance verification for treatments and diagnostic procedures and efficiently record them in appropriate systems. First-hand experience in verifying insurance information, to include add-ons and direct admits. Qualified to prepare charts on a daily basis, for next days’ surgeries and procedures within provided deadlines.
|✓ Insurance Verifications||✓ Performance Improvement|
|✓ Medical Consents Preparation||✓ Physician Orders Maintenance|
|✓ Payment Negotiation||✓ Healthcare Financing|
|✓ Payroll Support||✓ Service Quality Improvement|
|✓ Pre-certification||✓ Collection Calls Management|
|✓ Records Management||✓ Billing Services|
Business Office Associate
United Surgical Partners, Westlake, LA | 2012 – Present
• Assist patients in determining the type of services that they require from the medical facility
• Verify patients’ insurance information and calculate any add-on and copays
• Obtain pre-certifications from insurance companies for all procedures requiring the process
• Calculate amounts due and inform patients of what they owe to the company
• Prepare charts on a daily basis to ensure that upcoming surgeries and procedures are properly managed
• Label necessary documents, ensuring that physicians’ orders are properly added to them
• Make outbound collections calls to patients to follow up on outstanding payments
• Provide patients and their families with information on health care financing options and help them navigate the process
Selected Accomplishments & Results
• Improved business operation processes by implementing standards and protocols to follow for all staff members
• Introduced a collections system which proved to be 50% more efficient than the one already in place
Lexington Medical Center, Westlake, LA | 2008 – 2012
• Greeted patients and their families as they arrived at the facility and provided them with required information
• Escorted or directed patients to their required departments, after verifying their appointments
• Provided information on available services at the facility and scheduled patients for appointments and procedures
• Contacted insurance companies to verify patients’ coverage information, and calculated and communicated copays to patients
• Ascertained that the front desk and waiting areas were kept clean, sanitized and maintained at all times
Selected Accomplishments & Results
• Introduced the facility management with the option of healthcare financing, resulting in increased patient inflow and trust
• Improved relations with insurance companies on the panel, expediting insurance claims as a result
Westlake High School, Westlake, LA | 2007
High School Diploma