Feeling low because you are not sure if you qualify for a physician assistant position as you have just graduated?
The good news is that you do qualify for the position.
All you have to do is ensure that your resume says that you qualify. How?
Well, whatever information that you place in your resume should highlight your suitability for the job.
Although you will be applying for an entry level job, your profile must justify your abilities and knowledge as a physician assistant.
New Graduate Physician Assistant Resume Sample
412 Dante Street, Oak Ridge, TN42489
Devoted to the medical profession, aiming to assist patients meet their health goals.
Highly skilled Physician Assistant with extensive knowhow of promoting and maintaining patient health and wellbeing. Proficient in assessing patents’ health by interviewing them, and performing physical examinations. Ability to work under pressure, independently and collaboratively. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Associate’s Degree in Healthcare Assisting
Community College, Oak Ridge, TN – 2019
Award and Honors
• Honored for standing at the top of the degree program
• Attained the ‘Best Student Award’ in 2018
• Received a full scholarship owing to the exceptional academic record
• Commended for providing ER assistance in ABC Hospital
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Physician Directives Implementation
• Patient Intake
• Tests Ordering
• Patient Examination
• Wellness Promotion
• Safety Maintenance
• Infection Control Procedures
• Patient Education
Circle Medical Center, Oak Ridge, TN | 5/2019 – 8/2019
• Assisted patients in filling out intake forms, in order to obtain demographic information
• Interviewed patients to determine illnesses and conditions
• Created initial information reports for physicians’ benefit
• Reviewed medical histories, and made notes
• Provided education to patients and families about diseases and medical procedures
• Recorded assigned patients’ progress in charts
• Medical Billing and Coding Applications
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Aetna Healthcare for 3 years during medical school
• Local hospice for 2 months