A hiring manager who picks up your resume should be able to see the uniqueness in it.
A standout resume for editorial assistant position is one which has all the required information in it – in a properly formatted manner.
A little like the sample below:
Editorial Assistant Resume Example
11 15 Street SE | Watertown, SD 85200
(000) 879-5284 | susan.martin @ email . com
Bringing strong written communication and editing skills with careful attention to detail.
Detail-oriented and high-energy individual with 17 years of hands-on experience in providing editorial assistance to staff members, across many genres. Excellent skills in pitching, writing and fact-checking stories and branded projects. Proficient in summarizing written material, correcting manuscripts and obtaining rights to use materials from other publications
Provides core support in all functions leading to publication, such as issuing contracts and dealing with royalties. Effectively liaises with in-house teams, writers, photographers and printers to negotiate and monitor timescales.
Quick and accurate, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and manage time independently to meet tight deadlines.
|• Copy Editing||• Proofreading||• Research|
|• Project Organization||• Royalties Management||• Articles Commissioning|
|• Fact Checking||• Scheduling||• Article Writing|
|• Press Kits Preparation||• Media Liaison||• Correspondence Handling|
Gatehouse Media Inc., Watertown, SD | 8/2009 – Present
• Collaborate with members of different departments to acquire information to place in publications
• Perform research work to collect data for writing purposes, ensuring that all information is fact-checked
• Research emergent social media platforms and write articles such as reviews, profiles and event recaps
• Commission editors and oversee tasks such as issuing contracts and dealing with royalties
• Create and maintain effective relationships with writers, photographers, printers, designers and the production staff to negotiate and monitor work processes and timescales
• Organize and research projects to tight deadlines and ensure that provided material is summarized as requested
• Write copy and articles, based on appropriate research, and ensure that intense fact-checking activities are performed before sending them in for printing
• Research images, and ensure that rights to publish are obtained from other publications, for images and material needed to be published
• Introduced a royalties distribution system, which proved to be 65% more efficient than the archaic one already in place.
• Wrote 10 articles in one day, meeting the publication deadline successfully, in the absence of 3 commissioned writers.
Bridge Tower Media, Watertown, SD | 12/2001 – 8/2009
• Wrote articles and other materials based on well-researched information
• Assisted the editorial team by researching facts and fallacies and providing them with detailed reports
• Handled correspondence, memos, letters and other mail items, to ensure appropriate flow of communication between departments
• Edited writing pieces and prepared both proofs and final versions for publication purposes
• Checked references to ensure that they were correctly used, as part of the evaluation and review process
• Created a press kit containing 52 elements, for one the most important press release events of the company.
• Trained 8 newly hired writers in providing solid content, according to the protocols of the publication system within the company.
South Dakota State University, Watertown, SD | 1999
Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication
• XML editors
• Content Management Systems
• Excel macros
• Outlook, Access, Word, and Excel
• Online publishing
“I work diligently and diplomatically under pressure.”
Last updated on