When writing a resume for development assistant position, keep in mind that prospective employers are seeking creative individuals who are skilled in sales, fundraising, database management, and bookkeeping tasks.
So, tailor your resume in a format which expresses your relevant education, accomplishments effectively.
A Development Assistant Resume must focus on the applicant’s ability to provide administrative support.
Also, mention your knowledge about fundraising activities, programs, and events.
The following sample resume, along with this Development Assistant Cover Letter, will give you a quick start to prepare your job application efficiently.
Development Assistant Resume Example
58 West Street, Silver Spring MD 65258
Contact #, Email Address
Bringing exceptional administrative, fundraising, and problem-solving skills.
• Over 6 years of experience as a Development Assistant
• Highly skilled in fundraising, public relations, and marketing
• In-depth knowledge of development operations and the work of Public Citizen
• Hands-on experience in supporting all fundraising initiatives
• Proven record of managing donor issues and answering questions from donors
• As Development Assistant started a new system of data entry that boosted efficiency by one-third
• Promoted to a senior position with additional responsibilities and a 20-percent increase in salary
• Made good relations with individual donors
Children’s Hospital – Silver Spring, MD | 2013-Present
• Provide secretarial support by drafting routine mail, filing, faxing and photocopying
• Help in sending appreciation letters to donors on a weekly basis
• Enter data and maintain the database
• Design and maintain systems and measures that make the development office run efficiently
• Assist with key projects, for instance; events and mass mailings
ABC Company – Silver Spring, MD | 2011-2013
• Provided logistical support for special event planning and execution
• Worked with data; including data entry into the donor database, executing database queries and assessing data in donor reports
• Maintained the records of expenditure for reimbursement
• Managed the record of stationery
BS in Marketing
University of Maryland, Maryland, MD – 2007
English and Spanish
• SQL Server – Database Management
• Excel Spreadsheets
• Superb oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Higher attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Creative, self-starter and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
[Provide two professional references here]