There is no denying the fact that school health aides have to be skilled to be eligible.
A major part of a school’s reputation depends on how well it takes care of its students. And school health aides play a major part in this. Hence, a skilled individual is always required and preferred.
When you apply for this position, make sure that you write perfectly-researched skills statements in your resume.
It is a good thing that you can write quite a lot in this section – the more information that you provide, the better your chances of being considered for a school health aide position.
One thing that you must focus on is the content of each skills statement.
Related: School Health Aide Resume
Mentioning that you are capable of taking and recording vitals is all very well, but unless you can write a statement to suggest that you are the best, your candidature will not be taken seriously.
School Health Aide Skills for Resume
• Expert in providing basic health care and First Aid to students.
• Highly skilled in handling emergencies, such as on-campus injuries by proactively providing immediate care.
• Able to use professional assessment skills in order to diagnose illnesses.
• Knowledge of serving as a health advocate for students.
• Good know-how in coordinating management systems to administer medication.
• Hands-on experience in providing one on one care using triage skills, basic care, and established school protocols.
• Well-versed in recording and filing health information and records in a correct manner.
• Competent in assisting with screening processes for problems such as vision and hearing.
• Qualified to interview students to determine students, and take and record vitals accurately.
• In-depth knowledge of controlling communicable diseases through the implementation of prevention methods.
• Ability to administer oral, inhaled, and injectable medication as per school and healthcare policies.
• Proven ability to channel requests for health-related information.
• Solid track record of effectively documenting results of screening and designated health information.
• Highly experienced in maintaining a current confidential list of students with health conditions.
• Expert in assisting students and parents in understanding and coping with students’ limitations or conditions.
• Unmatched ability to support district and school-based wellness initiatives.
• Effectively able to keep a track of medical supplies inventory, and maintain effective relationships with vendors.