Health aides may work in healthcare facilities or at home. No matter which setting they work in, their duties are the same – to provide assistance to people who have trouble leading normal lives.
In the majority of cases, your Health Aide Resume together with a cover or prospecting letter, will be a preface of your candidacy to an employer.
Your resume should be a sign of you in the optimal light. You will require doing a self-analysis of your relevant skills, career goals, patient care interests and related experiences before you start writing your resume for Health Aide position. It will help you with the precision and focus of your resume.
Following is a sample resume of a health aide that may assist you in understanding the basic concept.
Health Aide Resume Example
726 Walnut Street, Summit, MS 88827
(000) 901-9879, [Email]
Dedicated and hardworking Health Aide with over a decade of work experience in providing personal care to elderly, disabled and patients in order to assist them with daily living. Effectively assists residents to maintain independence within their limitations and treats clients, coworkers and the public with politeness and respect. Demonstrated success, effectiveness, and reliability in providing proper patient care.
• Designed and implemented an interactive activities based program to bring residents together to the facility and promote self-confidence
• Organized seven gala events with the mission to familiarize residents with outside forces thereby building relationships effectively
Seniors’ Sanitarium – Summit, MS | Mar 2008 – Present
• Provide compassionate care to residents pertaining to changing and grooming
• Administer medication in a time efficient manner
• Assist each resident in maintaining and meeting dietary requirements
• Use rehabilitative devices and programs to promote self-confidence
• Maintain health information records for assigned residents
• Escort residents to and from activities and appointments
CareSouth – Dallas, TX | Apr 2006 – Mar 2008
Home Health Aide
• Provided personal care and assisted in ADLs
• Took and recorded vital signs
• Performed direct patient care activities
• Insured safety during patient care
• Maintained effective communication
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
Home Health Aide Training Course | Community College, Dallas, TX – 2004
Current BLS Certification
High School Diploma | Summit High School, Dallas, TX – 2002
• Able to prepare reports using MS Word and Excel
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations
• Ability to administer first aid and CPR
• Current driver’s license