692 Maple Drive
Prairie Village, KS 66773
aaron.reed @ email . com
• Seasoned data architect with a successful track record of designing and developing relational and dimensional data models. Adept at handling distributed, cloud data systems and architectures.
• Hands-on experience in developing, improving, and supporting data modeling and data integrity standards.
• Proficient in monitoring and enforcing compliance with data standards in order to minimize data redundancies.
• Able to provide support to project managers in terms of data naming conventions, standards, and logical data designs.
• Competent in using data modeling tools effectively and in correlation with each data module.
Full Desk, Prairie Village, KS
(6/2018 – Present)
• Comprehend and translate enterprise or business requirements into long-term data architecture solutions.
• Design and implement warehouse and data mart structures and assist in implementing technology roadmaps.
• Coordinate efforts with business analysts, developers, and project managers to provide credence to a wide range of technology projects.
• Design a variety of data models and transaction structures, including conceptual, logical, and physical.
• Assess clients’ present data environments, perform root cause analysis of issues and educate users on processes to resolve them.
• Provide consulting and support to project managers with data sourcing, data feeds, and logical data designs.
• Ensure consistency and integration with existing data structures in enterprise data warehouses.
• Work with data application teams and business analysts to help in the documentation of data flow diagrams.
• Conducted 8 informational workshops to assist project managers in articulating the differences between common data structures and provide them with insight into the advantages and disadvantages and application of each of them.
• Trained 52 new data analysts in handling the intricacies of large volume data processes.
• Built one of its kind scalable, extendible data pipeline, which increased decision support to customer service and product teams by 66%.
• Developed data architecture strategies, roadmaps, principles, standards, patterns, and best practices to support business strategies and outcomes.
Data and Reporting Analyst
Cognizant, Prairie Village, KS
(1/2005 – 6/2018)
• Identified, analyzed, and interpreted data trends through thorough studies derived from research work.
• Acquired data from primary and secondary data sources and performed maintenance on existing databases.
• Filtered data and created reports and recommendations to improve business processes.
• Located and defined new processes improvement opportunities.
• Created metrics and aggregated data for executive team dashboards.
• Managed multiple demand pipelines and facilitated time tracking and resource forecasting activities.
• Handled data management analysis, incident structures, and application configuration duties.
MS Degree in Computer Science
Kansas State University, Prairie Village, KS – 2002
– Naming conventions
– Data sourcing
– Standards compliance
– Redundancy reduction
– Reverse engineering
– Schemas implementation
– Data warehousing
– Application frameworks
– Logical designing
– SDLC methodologies