Companies who have ample data storage and management hire the services of data architects to assist them.
As a data architect, you will be spending your workday in ensuring that valuable data is consistently available to users and that all internal data systems are coordinated expertly.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing programs that are in direct sync with a company’s data handling needs.
The primary responsibility of a data architect is to maintain a company’s database by figuring out what it needs in terms of structural requirements and developing core solutions to meet those requirements.
To work as a data architect, you need to possess a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or another technical discipline along with deep knowledge of structures and unstructured data model designs.
Skills and Knowledge
As a data architect, you will need to have in-depth knowledge of data analysis, data migration tools, data modeling, and database design and warehousing activities.
This knowledge can go a long way in helping you acquire a position of a data architect.
See also: Data Architect Resume
Data Architect Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Understand the company’s database structural requirements by performing analysis of client operations and applications
• Evaluate present data architectures and develop effective database solutions
• Design proposed systems and define database structures along with its functional capabilities
• Ensure that all proposed data models are logical and possess the ability to be transitioned into current ones
• Work closely with the information technology team with a view to coordinate current and future data modeling programs
• Handle operation and implementation of database management systems along with coordinating programming strategies and management of security standards
• Combine data from multiple systems and make provisions for data discrepancies or conflicts
• Determine if data has the capacity to be summarized or needs to be presented in full
• Maintain company databases performance by addressing application development problems and determining parameters at the optimum level
• Evaluate, integrate and install new technology and handle data maintenance activities on a preventative and regular basis
• Code utilities in a bid to resolve database issues and ensure that database systems are working on an optimal level
• Assist users in pulling data by providing them with information and training
• Perform relational database designing and building activities
• Develop core strategies for data acquisition and recovery
• Design and develop data warehouses and multidimensional databases