An interview for an AWS Cloud Architect is as important to ace as the rest of the job application processes.
At this point, you will be given a final judgment about whether you fit into the organization or not.
Typically, an AWS Cloud Architect interview will include questions to test your knowledge of AWS cloud architecture.
However, there will be many questions aimed at determining your leadership skills and communication abilities.
See also: AWS Cloud Architect Resume
Preparing for the interview is easy if you go through the following set of questions and answers:
6 Common AWS Cloud Architect Interview Questions and Answers
1. Tell us a little about your work as an AWS Cloud Architect in your present workplace.
I have been working as an AWS Cloud Architect ever since I obtained my certification 5 years ago. Since then, I have been involved in many tasks such as:
• Determining clients’ specific cloud system requirements
• Calculating setup costs and timelines
• Leading engagements as the AWS expert to identify and resolve issues
• Creating blueprints for hybrid cloud systems
• Providing consulting expertise on operational modules
• Maintaining an open dialogue with product teams about roadmaps, technical debts, and proposed solutions
2. What skills do you possess which make you an excellent person to hire as an AWS Cloud Architect?
I am well-versed in many areas such as:
• Good knowledge of most operating systems including Linux, Solaris, Unix, and Windows
• Exceptional understanding of networking, with excellent ability to work with TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, and DNS
• Talented in working with computer programming and scripting languages
• High-level understanding of key security concepts for cloud environments
Apart from this, I am an expert in determining requirements for each environment, and can efficiently develop corresponding solutions.
3. What do you find most difficult about this work?
The work is challenging, there is no doubt about that. However, it is difficult to determine just one area that is more difficult than the other. Let’s just say that if you have things under control as I do, nothing is difficult.
4. Are you a leader or a team player?
In my line of work, it is important to be both a team player and a leader. I deem myself equally successful in both these areas.
5. On a scale of 1 to 10, where would you rate your AWS cloud architecture skills?
I can easily give myself a 9 because I am exceptionally good at what I do.
6. What are your 5-year career plans?
Soon, I expect to have learned sufficiently about AWS cloud systems to be able to work as a specialist in this area, with a team of architects working under me.