A resume is a brief professional document, intended to give the potential employers an insight into what you have to offer as a professional.
Similarly, resume of a mechanic apprentice needs to offer competencies in service, diagnosis and repairing. It should also reflect keenness to learn and grow professionally. Any relevant certificate or previously obtained on the job training is also worth mentioning.
Following is a sample mechanic apprentice resume built on the above mentioned guidelines.
477 Hiker’s Lane ✪ Clackamas, OR 67222
(000) 555-6666 ✪ (404) 577-8777 ✪ josh.david @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: To work as a Mechanic Apprentice for Zoom Motors. Bringing passion and professional zeal to perform automobile tuning, combustion analysis, and inspection utilizing automotive repair techniques.
Automotive Diploma | Auto Mechanic School | Clackamas, OR (2010)
GED | Penn Foster High School | Clackamas, OR (2009)
• Working knowledge of full automobile inspection and relevant diagnosis formation
• Proficient in car tuning and wheel alignment, particularly skilled in steer balancing
• Highly effective in spare parts replacement, ability to match-paint the replaced exteriors
• Qualified to analyze engine efficiency via computerized mixture and combustion analysis
• Expert in workmanship and customer service delivery
Automobile Mechanic Apprentice
Auto-run Cars, Los Angeles, OR | Dec 2010 – Present
• Inspect cars, diagnose the problem and perform repairs as per instructions of master mechanic
• Conduct motor assembly, engine fan fittings and service car Air Conditioners
• Maintain spare parts inventory and order more parts timely to keep spare parts stock updated
• Inspect spare parts on arrival and reject low quality pieces
• Conceived and perfected a unique technique for fuel efficiency which was approved and highly commended by the master mechanic and satisfied customers
• Contributed in maintenance and good to go analysis of 50 plus cars for the Oregon annual car rally, 2012
• Conducted 20 plus manual and automatic transmission replacements without error for a fleet of defective cars and earned an appreciation certificate from the dealer company
Junior Auto Mechanic
Sunny Cars, Clackamas, OR | Summer 2010
• Noted down each work order and discussed it with the master mechanic before starting work
• Performed brake servicing tasks under supervision
• Consulted the combustion analyst regarding fuel efficiency of engines
• Carried out complete oil change and scheduled next visits based on mileage
• Repeat and referral services
• Technical interpretation and diagnosis
• Spare parts knowledge and quality analysis
• Safety compliance
Last updated on