It is mandatory to work as an apprentice before applying for permanent hairdresser position. As an apprentice hairdresser, you will be provided with on-the-job training which is quite indispensable as far as skilled work is concerned. You will also be provided with a chance to see your mentor at work and learn the craft first hand.
To apply for the position of an apprentice hairdresser, you need to make sure that your resume is tailored appropriately. Reflection of interest in salon work, skills to manage the demands of a busy environment and information of any courses you may have attended on a resume will help you immensely when applying for a job.
55 Oran Road, Knoxville, TN 11111
Cellular: (999) 999-9999, Email:
Summary: Highly enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in delivering quality in hair treatments. Extensive knowledge of modern hairdressing trends and coloring and oiling activities. Special interest in identifying best-suited hairstyles for clients based on their face cuts and hair types.
Level 3 – Diploma in Hairdressing
Tafet Salon Services and Training Studio
Certificate III and IV in Hairdressing and Salon Services
Hairdressing Skills Acquired Through the Course
• Knowledge of past and current hairstyles and trends
• Ability to identify clients’ hairdressing needs by conferring with them
• Extensive knowledge of managing head massages and color applications
• Highly developed sense of identifying hair and scalp problems and suggesting appropriate treatments
• Competent in assisting stylists with preparing clients for hairdressing appointments
• Able to operate cash registers and handle transactions
Knoxville High School, Knoxville, TN
High School Diploma – 2011
• Awarded Trainee of the Year award following excellence in learning the trade in the shortest time and employing a great level of professionalism in mock sessions
• Commended highly on managing marketing details for Tafet Salon Services and Training Studio as part of its quarterly marketing campaign
• Strong verbal and written communication skills aimed at assessing clients’ hairdressing needs
• Good manual dexterity targeted at working quickly and accurately with hands and staying in a standing position for long periods of time
• Specially trained in African hairstyles – braids and corn rows
• Trained in the safe use of clippers, scissors and trimmers
• Extensive knowledge of handling tier-one client services aimed at ensuring recurring business opportunities