An implementation analyst is considered an imperative part of a business, as it is his job to facilitate the deployment of new software and business functions across the organization that he represents. Working as an implementation analyst means that you will be performing a lot of testing, documentation and training duties.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Education requirements to work as an implementation analyst include a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences at the very minimum. Some experience in a related field will of course prove to be helpful when working as an implementation analyst. You will need to possess excellent communication skills – both oral and written – and have the ability to negotiate effectively. In addition to this, you will also need to be able to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and possess consistent follow-through skills.
Since a huge part of your work will be to reach out and communicate with clients, your people and interpersonal skills need to be impeccable as well. While working as an implementation analyst, it will be your job to quickly and accurately develop understanding of multiple software programs and business processes, which is why it is important that you are an analytic individual. Furthermore, you will be expected to develop and implement core training sessions for both employees and clients.
Other duties that you will be performing in the role of an implementation analyst include:
Implementation Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the development and implementation of moderately complex new products and services for clients.
• Analyze requirements and gather deliverables to ensure that each implementation phase is accurately carried out and managed.
• Perform maintenance on existing client accounts and provide sales or consultative support to clients.
• Utilize data obtained from sales departments / staff members to establish and update client-specific information on assigned products.
• Create and maintain effective professional relationships with staff members and departmental heads to coordinate and produce data for pre-implementation validation.
• Analyze, assess and document client requirements while adhering to company established protocols and procedures.
• Review client-facing deliverables to ensure that the software implementation team is delivering consistent support to each client.
• Provide advanced problem resolution and troubleshooting support for each client account.
• Develop and innovate activities to promote effective supplier management activities to ensure successful supplier sourcing and qualification.
• Create, develop and manage back office processes and tracking systems to ensure delivery of required support in the implementation and maintenance of new client programs.
• Develop, create and distribute all operational and fiscal business reporting directives.