Dietary Aide Job Description
• Prepares food items and assembles ready foods for patient trays
• Serves foods in the rooms and cafeteria
• Delivers food trays to patients’ units and dining area
• Provides service in dining room and dish room
• Cleans cafeteria tables, and resets counter area after meals
• Washes pots and pans area
• Adheres to the facility and departmental policies and procedures
• Follows good hygiene, safety, and pollution control policies
Dietary Aide Resume Tips
It is important to know about the current resume trends if you are planning to apply for a dietary aide job.
As recruiters spend only 10-15 seconds to read a resume, therefore your resume should be visually engaging.
Highlight your core competencies and accomplishments to gran the recruiter’s attention.
Find out the prospective employer’s specific needs and draft a customized version of your resume accordingly.
See also: Dietary Aide Cover Letter Sample
Dietary Aide Resume Sample 1
44 Unicorn Ave • Richmond, VA 45002 • (004) 857-9854 • [Email]
Courteous and detail-oriented Dietary Aide with 11+ years’ hands-on experience in providing food prep and service assistance to hospitals and healthcare institutes. Outgoing personality with excellent customer service and listening skills. In-depth knowledge of various nutritional supplements and tube feeding protocols.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Catering||– Tube Feeding||– Record Keeping|
|– Hygiene Maintenance||– Tray Setting||– Dish Washing|
|– Food Service||– Temperature Management||– Recipe Development|
|– Nutrient Calculation||– Kitchen Assistance||– Food Storage|
• Attained 100% nutritional accuracy on orders by implementing vigilant and proactive nutritional calculation strategies.
• Streamlined the food supply operations to enhance the speed of service by 10 minutes per order on the average.
• Earned the ‘Most proficient dietary aide’ award in 2014.
VCU HEALTH SYSTEM, Richmond, VA
Dietary Aide | 5/2008 to Present
• Assist cook in preparation of meal tray.
• Serve meals as per given chart menu catering for the special needs of patients.
• Devise recipes that are appetizing and compliant with the specific dietary requirements.
• Prepare liquid diets as per instructions and feed chronic patients through nasal or stomach tubes.
• Adhere to cleanliness and safety procedures.
• Prepare bar items neatly and set up the salad/dessert bar.
• Maintain dish room area in a fully-organized fashion.
NORMANDY HEALTHCARE, Richmond, VA
Kitchen Assistant | 7/2003 to 5/2008
• Assisted in food preparation and serving tasks.
• Maintained the kitchen workstations in hygienic and orderly manner.
• Set up and cleaned serving areas.
• Washed and sanitized all reusable utensils and dishes.
ST. CLAIRE’S COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Richmond, VA – 2002
• Thoroughly familiar with HACCP food handling guidelines
• Good physical stamina; ability to stand and walk intermittently
• Trilingual: English, French, and Spanish
Dietary Aide Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience)
68 5th Ave, Raleigh, NC 63298
(000) 587-9574 | [Email]
Over 1-year experience in preparing and serving food and beverages per recipe or facility procedure. Capable of performing a variety of food preparation tasks. Proficient in arranging trays and setting table with appropriate tableware and condiments.
• Track record of working quickly, correctly, and professionally
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Positive attitude and ability to multitask
• High degree of service orientation
• Capable of standing for extended periods of time
• Able to work beyond duty time including evenings and weekends
• Reorganized food supply procedures, improved efficiency by 30%.
• Designed and implemented a new food serving strategy that improved patients satisfaction.
• [List your achievements here]
HOLLY HILL HOSPITAL – Raleigh, NC May 2017 – Present
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals and snacks to patients, staff and visitors
• Assist cooks and operate required tools to accomplish service
• Clean work area, utensils, dishes, and pots and pans
• Check the inventory of items and fill orders
• Run and fill various food-service machines
• Follow diagrams and lists to prepare patient trays to specifications
• Interact with clientele in a pleasant manner and handle customer complaints
HOUSTON SENIOR LIVING – Houston, TX Feb 2017 – May 2017
• Took and delivered food orders
• Plated and served food to patients
• Ensured resident satisfaction
• Provided fast, well-organized and pleasant delivery of food
• Assisted in bussing and resetting tables
• Performed cleanliness responsibilities in kitchen and pantries
ST JOSEPH PUBLIC SCHOOL, Houston, TX – 2016
High School Diploma
“I always ensure that cleanliness and quality standards are met.”
Last updated on