Dietary Aide Job Description
• Prepares food items and assembles ready foods for patient trays
• Serves foods in the rooms and cafeteria
• Delivers food trays to patients’ units and dining area
• Provides service in dining room and dish room
• Cleans cafeteria tables, and resets counter area after meals
• Washes pots and pans area
• Adheres to the facility and departmental policies and procedures
• Follows good hygiene, safety, and pollution control policies
Dietary Aide Resume
It is important to know about the current resume trends if you are planning to apply for a dietary aide job.
It is a fact that recruiters spend only 10-15 seconds to read a resume, therefore your resume should be visually engaging. Highlight your core competencies and accomplishments to gran the recriter’s attention.
Find out the prospective employer’s specific needs and draft a customized version of your resume accordingly.
See also: Dietary Aide Cover Letter Sample
Dietary Aide Resume Sample 1
44 Unicorn Ave • Richmond, VA 45002 • (004) 857-9854 • harold @ email . com
Courteous and detail-oriented dietary aide with 11+ years’ hands-on experience in delivering food prep and service assistance at hospitals and healthcare institutes. Outgoing personality with excellent customer service and listening skills. In depth knowledge of various nutritional supplements and tube feeding protocols.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Catering||– Tube Feeding||– Record Keeping|
|– Hygiene Maintenance||– Tray Setting||– Dish Washing|
|– Food Service||– Temperature Management||– Recipe Development|
|– Nutrient Calculation||– Kitchen Assistance||– Food Storage|
• Attained 100% nutritional accuracy on orders by implementing vigilant and proactive nutritional calculation strategies.
• Streamlined the food supply operations to enhance speed of service by 10 minutes per order on the average.
• Earned the ‘Most proficient dietary aide’ title in 2014.
VCU HEALTH SYSTEM, Richmond, VA
Dietary Aide | 5/2008 to Present
• Assist cook in preparation of meal tray.
• Serve meals as per given chart menu catering for the special needs of patients.
• Devise recipes that are appetizing and compliant to the specific dietary requirements.
• Prepare liquid diets as per instructions and feed chronic patients through nasal or stomach tubes.
• Adhere to cleanliness and safety procedures.
• Prepare salad/dessert bar items in a neat fashion and set up the salad/desert bar.
• Maintain dish room area in a fully-organized fashion.
NORMANDY HEALTHCARE, Richmond, VA
Kitchen Assistant | 7/2003 to 5/2008
• Assisted in food preparation and serving tasks.
• Maintained the kitchen work stations in hygienic and orderly manner.
• Set up and cleaned serving areas.
• Washed and sanitized all reusable utensils and dishes.
G.E.D | ST. CLAIRE’S COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Richmond, VA – 2002
• Fully familiar with HACCP issued food handling guidelines
• Good physical stamina, ability to stand and walk intermittently
• Trilingual: English, French and Spanish
Dietary Aide Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience)
68 5th Ave, Raleigh, NC 63298 ☏ (000) 587-9574 ✉ mary.anderson @ email . com
• Over 1 year experience as a Dietary Aide
• Highly skilled in preparing and serving food and beverages per recipe or facility procedure
• In-depth knowledge of performing a variety of food preparation tasks
• Hands-on experience in arranging tray and table setting with appropriate tableware and condiments
• Able to assure that cleanliness and quality standards are met
• Proven ability to complete daily responsibilities and assignments
• Track record of meeting objectives of the facility for future growth
• Thorough understanding of safety and legal requirements at the facility
• Demonstrated ability to interact helpfully with persons of different social and economic backgrounds
• Reorganized food supply procedures, improved efficiency by 30%.
• Designed and implemented a new food serving strategy that improved patients satisfaction.
• [List your achievements here]
May 2014 – Present
HOLLY HILL HOSPITAL – Raleigh, NC
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals and snacks to patients, staff and visitors
• Assist cooks and operate required tools to accomplish service
• Clean work area, utensils, dishes, and pots and pans
• Check inventory of items and fill orders
• Run and fill various food-service machines
• Follow diagrams and lists to prepare patient trays to specifications
• Interact with clientele in a pleasant manner and handle customer complaints
Feb 2014 – May 2014
HOUSTON SENIOR LIVING – Houston, TX
• Took and delivered food orders
• Plated and served food to patients
• Ensured resident satisfaction
• Provided fast, well-organized and pleasant delivery of food
• Assisted in bussing and resetting tables
• Performed cleanliness responsibilities in kitchen and pantries
ST JOSEPH PUBLIC SCHOOL, Houston, TX – 2013
High School Diploma
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Track record of working quickly, correctly, and professionally
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Positive attitude and ability to multitask
• High degree of service orientation
• Capable of standing for extended periods of time
• Able to work beyond duty time including evenings and weekends
Last updated on