There are some basic techniques to consider while crafting a resume in the current job market; a behavioral aide resume is no exception.
Firstly, the resume must fulfill the key requirements of prospective employer. Secondly, related keywords should be included. Lastly, it must be persuasive in order to get noticed.
The position of a behavioral aide is closely linked to human services. Highlight any volunteer, paid or unpaid work done in this field. Add your internship details as well.
310 North Mason Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524
(000) 111.2222 | tim.foster @ email . com
Self driven, highly motivated and energetic individual with 3 years’ experience dealing with children with special needs, autism spectrum disorders, ADHD and disruptive behaviors. Track record of providing continuous behavioral support and implementing plans and interventions. Bilingual: advanced level communication skills in both English and Spanish
|Data collection||Behavioral intervention plans||Communication|
|Program materials setup||Staff meetings||Organization|
|Parent/child training||Parent consultation||Incident reporting|
• Devised a special curriculum for developmentally delayed students
• Graduated with distinction (Colorado University, 2008)
Stone Hall Elementary School, Fort Collins, CO | 2011 – 2013
• Assisted in setting up and implementing short and long term behavioral goals
• Maintained record via individual profiles of each child receiving behavioral treatment
• Worked closely with the behavioral specialist to perform assessments and general staff trainings regarding the treatment of special needs students
• Created and revised plan of action for students with recurring disruptive behaviors
• Made required adaptations in the classroom activities under the supervision of the teacher and behavioral analyst to make them usable for the special needs students
Behavioral Intervention Assistant
Little Angels High School, Fort Collins, CO | 2009 – 2011
• Made observations and recorded behavioral changes on daily basis
• Assisted in implementations of behavioral interventions
• Coordinated with the teachers and parents regularly regarding the progress of the pupils
• Worked closely with the speech therapist to enhance performance of non verbal pupils
• Supervised and accompanied pupils at recess time and on field trips etc.
Pinnacle Public School, CO | Summer 2008
• Devised crisis intervention techniques for four children with special needs
• Helped in documenting the implementations of behavioral plans
Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst, BACB, Fort Collins, CO | 2009
BS in Human Services, Colorado University, Fort Collins, CO | 2008